Stitching away

Ruidoso Bill

My first attempt at stitching, this was seven shots and I used MS ICE to do it.

SmallStitch1.jpg

For Free software it worked pretty well.

Last edited:

Ruidoso Bill

I like your shot, looks neat! I wonder how the heck you'd print these things?

I've seen them printed so know it's possible, man I through out my old sprocket feed printer...

Last edited:

Carolina Photo Guy

Thanks Dude!

This picture printed out at 3.5 inches high and 19 inches long!

My printer is an Epson Photo 1400 large format printer.

Looks good, but I probably will not get it professionally printed.

Pete

goz63

Walmart, Wallgreens, and Sam's Club will all print out those long prints. You can also go online and many services will print them.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hi, Bill!

Nice stitching and shot. what lens were you using for this?

I can't seem to be too enthralled with panoramas. It seems to shrink everything (obviously to fit on a page) . . . only time I really thought it looked cool was when it was processed and posted with photoshop's "zoomify" tool. Maybe I need to work with panoramas some more before I write it off. White Sands is the perfect place for it. Do you have more?

Browncoat

These are pretty cool. I might have to download the tool and use it myself...been wanting to put up a new dual monitor wallpaper.

Fen

BIG TIP: When taking photos for a panoramic stitch, always shoot the images with the camera in portrait position (on it's side) as this will give your finished photo a greater height.

Mike150

Tried your advice and downloaded MS ICE.
Total time spent downloading, installing and stitching together 21 pictures into a single file was less than 10 minutes. I'd include a copy, but not sure how to get things resized so they will fit in here.

Ruidoso Bill

Looks like you figured it out! Nice shot Mike. It is not only fun to play with, I believe some of those moutain shots would have a market, especially here where I live. I attempted to do more last sat am and had some banding issues (usually cause by different exposure shots) so I looked at the pic data and see I was in aperture priority and probably should have been in manual so nothing could change.