Hello Everyone

Jtedlin

I'm Josh and I have been messing around with my Nikon D3100 for the past few weeks and decided that I should probably go somewhere to better learn how to do things and just learn in general. I know going out and trying is a great way, but sometimes its nice to be told what you are doing wrong by someone who has done it and knows how to fix it! Like I said, my camera that I currently have is a Nikon D3100. I have two lenses one is an AF-S Nikkor 55-200mm 1:4-5.6 ED and the other is an AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3-5.6 G. I have also have a remote shutter release and will be receiving a 52mm Neutral Density filter which is a 400x 9 Stop for some long exposures. I don't really know what else to put down on here, Oh! I also use Lightroom 4 for all my photos, if I could afford to get photoshop CS6 I probably would just to mess around with it and change things a little more.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Welcome to the forum, Josh! The best way to learn is to take photos, post, ask questions, and above all else, HAVE FUN!
Looking forward to seeing what you post! :D

fotojack

Welcome to the forum, Josh. Best piece of advice I'm gonna give you right off the bat is....read your manual! I don't mean cover to cover......just on the parts of things you don't quite get. Keep going like that till you get your answers. Of course, anything you can't figure out from the manual, by all means, ask here. We'll do our best to help you out. But we appreciate newbies helping themselves first to the materials and assets available to them. Now let's see some pics, bud! :)

Moab Man

Welcome. Eventually you will hear it... be sure to read your manual. Take lots of pictures and when you see a picture you like on here ask how they shot it. I joined in December (I believe) and I can't tell you how much I have learned here by those three pieces of advice.

We also do a 365 day Project - picture a day. Can't tell you how much that has helped me. After a while you run out of things to shoot so you have to start being creative and trying things. While you would be 80 days short you could still do a Project 285.

Welcome again.