My first protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

vindex1963

Guns Across America gun rally.
Guessing 1000-1200 turned out. This was across the country at all State capitols.
Here is the one here in Phoenix
8395707263_8f657a9814_b.jpg

8395706115_e471cf7bc2_b.jpg

8396790518_7f013b2464_b.jpg

8396789812_b5595a6836_b.jpg

8395704053_f8d9b69b2d_b.jpg

8396788240_06be586f91_b.jpg

8396787816_2ed221a83c_b.jpg

8396786708_249a7b676a_b.jpg

8395701543_28798882e8_b.jpg

8396785950_502b5bac34_b.jpg

8395700589_d77a7fa1f3_b.jpg

8395699615_e5be67659f_b.jpg

8395699219_c511da3567_b.jpg

8396783534_39ba55a98c_b.jpg

8396783234_f56efb8263_b.jpg

8396782842_89cf3c9ae5_b.jpg

Sambr

Wow - some were armed too! If this was to happen in Canada - well it wouldn't because we can't parade around with handguns or assault rifles - we can own them - however very very restricted and controlled as to where we can take them.

vindex1963

Peaceful gathering for a common cause. I was proud to be part of it because these are the freedoms our constitution guarantees. Peaceful assembly.
Arizona is an open carry state but I think they were proving a point more than anything. I see very little open carry day to day since our concealed carry went into effect years ago.

Sambr

I suppose we would be defending our right as well if we were in the same predicament. Heck isn't Arizona full of Canadians :)

vindex1963

There is a number of memorials at the Arizona State Capitol.

The anchor from the USS Arizona. I've seen the ship at Pearl Harbor in person and we have the anchor at the capitol of the State the ship was named after.
8397415822_e48d005858_b.jpg

8397415782_53d584050c_b.jpg

8396330489_7e8ddd67ce_b.jpg

My Father was part of Patton's 3rd in support of the 1st infantry. I have a photo of him in the Ardennes forest during this battle.
8397414852_5e9ba75580_b.jpg

KWJams

In the movies where most anti-self defense advocates get their information from. When the good guy shoots the bad guy with his very last bullet and everybody starts hugging thinking it is over that they think they really didn't need a high capacity magazine --- until the scary music starts and the bad guy comes after them again and they end up fighting hand-to hand until the bad guy gets impaled on something and is really dead. So with that kind of thinking it makes sense to them that we need laws to outlaw legal gun owners.

Dave_W

The Dude
"anti-self defense advocates"?? I've not heard of them before. Are they some kind of religious folks who do the whole "turn the other cheek" Jesus thing? Somehow I don't think they'ed be the ones watching those kind of movies.

KWJams

Nope, they are the ones who think a weapon used for defense is an assault weapon and join all male drum groups when they aren't at the movies. ;)

Brusader

In the movies where most anti-self defense advocates get their information from. When the good guy shoots the bad guy with his very last bullet and everybody starts hugging thinking it is over that they think they really didn't need a high capacity magazine --- until the scary music starts and the bad guy comes after them again and they end up fighting hand-to hand until the bad guy gets impaled on something and is really dead. So with that kind of thinking it makes sense to them that we need laws to outlaw legal gun owners.

Don't forget that you also have to have been suspended from duty and/or be hunted by the authorities before you really get to take out the bad people. :)

Moab Man

I teach the U.S. Constitution and at the end of every year the students have to do a congressional hearing to defend their for or against point of view relative to the constitution. To me, it is amazing the level of ignorance by the citizenry of the United States (in this case parents) regarding their rights, the constitution, and what the federal government is NOT supposed to be doing under the constitution but does anyway. Particularly in regards to the 2nd amendment. But hey, if we all have our cable tv, Obama phone, and a government handout then why should citizens care.

Moab Man

Forgive my ignorance but isn't this classified as an assault rifle?

Assault rifle is a term in reference to cosmetics. The rifles deemed as "assault" by our ignorant U.S. media use the same rounds as in other non-cosmetically scary rifles. Both the non-scary and "assault" rifles fire one shot per one trigger pull. Heck, all around the U.S. from one group of gun laws to the next none of them can agree on what an assault rifle is.

To me... an assault rifle was my military issue weapon that was full auto - squeeze once and it keeps firing. If it's not firing full auto then it's just a whole lot of make-up on a rifle.

Last edited:

DTigga

Dictionary.com "defines assault" rifle as:

- noun 1. military rifle capable of both automatic and semiautomatic fire, utilizing an intermediate-power cartridge 2. nonmilitary weapon modeled on the military assault rifle, usu. modified to allow only semiautomatic fire

Moab Man

Dictionary.com "defines assault" rifle as:

2. nonmilitary weapon modeled on the military assault rifle, usu. modified to allow only semiautomatic fire

In other words the civilian form is cosmetic and not functionally an assault weapon.

Eye-level

Banned
America has a great gun tradition from the Kentucky rifles up to the M4. We had Bloody Bill Anderson and the James gang, Wyatt Earp, Cole Younger, Pretty Boy Floyd, Dillinger, Lee Harvey Oswald,etc etc etc on and on and on. We will always be this way. What is scary is all of the weak spoiled sugar fed fat f-ckers are shooting civilians in the movie theaters and children in the schools. What happened to the days of the North Hollywood Bank Robbers who put their ass on the line to steal from the man? Bad boys yes...but bad boys that rolled the dice and gave everyone an even chance...except for the bankers of course...haha Nowadays the bankers rob us...legally...

And you honestly think guns are the problem with America? Maybe you should start back at the smallpox infested blankets...

You can have my gun when...well you know how the saying goes...you take my freedom from me or something like that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.