+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    nikonpup's Avatar

    Server

    It has been 4 months since we where told we would get a new server. Do we have a new server???
    If not, when will we???



    › See More: Server

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pups_pleasure/




  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Peter7100's Avatar

    Re: Server

    Has there been any problems with this one as I have never encountered any issues?

    You know the old saying, if it's not broken don't fix it
    Peter

    D500
    D7100
    Tokina 11-16 f2.8
    Nikon 85mm 1.8G
    Nikon 300mm F4 AF-S
    Sigma 150-600c
    Lee filters
    My Flickr account - https://www.flickr.com/people/peter-young/

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    nikonpup's Avatar

    Re: Server

    Peter, you being a fairly new poster have not seen the problems from over the past couple of years. Many very good members have moved on to other sites IMO. Check feedback and suggestions thread.
    Server-nikon2.png



    We have a member who passed on who is more active than all the top ranked
    members in the site.

    Server-nikon1.png

    I do not know how "active member" is listed. 46,000 and only 392 active. :-(

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pups_pleasure/


  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Re: Server

    It doesn't help that email notifications haven't worked in months. I stop in every week or so for a few seconds and check the first couple threads and that's it.
    Thanks/Like Needa, ryan20fun Thanks/liked this post
     
    I must have a really good camera.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Needa's Avatar

    Re: Server

    IMHO the server is not the issue. No Email is certainly not helpful and is likely a software issue not a server issue. There are other issues that are contributing, the fact that this site is Nikon centric and they have been loosing market share is another detractor. How many have we lost because they are no longer shooting Nikon? ILC are being replace by phones. When was the last time you invited someone to join?

    We do a good job of welcoming people. While we welcome people do we encourage others enough by liking their pictures or at least a comment? What does your Thank/Like Given to Received ratio look like. There are some superb shooters here and I think many a newbie may be intimidated.
    Thanks/Like Peter7100 Thanks/liked this post
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Bikerbrent's Avatar

    Re: Server

    Quote Originally Posted by Needa View Post
    IMHO the server is not the issue. No Email is certainly not helpful and is likely a software issue not a server issue. There are other issues that are contributing, the fact that this site is Nikon centric and they have been loosing market share is another detractor. How many have we lost because they are no longer shooting Nikon? ILC are being replace by phones. When was the last time you invited someone to join?

    We do a good job of welcoming people. While we welcome people do we encourage others enough by liking their pictures or at least a comment? What does your Thank/Like Given to Received ratio look like. There are some superb shooters here and I think many a newbie may be intimidated.

    Yes, Nikon is losing market share due to both less desirable cameras and to company policy's that punish their customers. And as a result, this is costing this web site users. However, the last few months this web site has had many issues with posting problems and other user issues. These problems appear to be both server and software issues and until these are fixed, we will continue to lose users. I know that I am getting frustrated with these problems!
    Brent: Poway, CA
    D7200, D200, F100
    Tokina 12-24mm
    Nikon 18-200mm
    Tokina 28-70mm f2.6-2.8
    Nikon 80-200mm f2.8
    Sigma 150-600mm
    Nikon 50 AF f1.8
    Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro
    Nikon SB800

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Peter7100's Avatar

    Re: Server

    Server
    Quote Originally Posted by nikonpup View Post
    Peter, you being a fairly new poster have not seen the problems from over the past couple of years. Many very good members have moved on to other sites IMO. Check feedback and suggestions thread.
    Server-nikon2.png



    We have a member who passed on who is more active than all the top ranked
    members in the site.

    Server-nikon1.png

    I do not know how "active member" is listed. 46,000 and only 392 active. :-(
    Although new compared to many of you, surprisingly I have been here now for 1 year and 3 months and can honestly say I only once was unable to log on and that only lasted for a hour or so.
    From what I can see the forum seems to be predominately members from the US which makes me wonder if the time difference is having an impact. For example I am using it whilst most of you are sleeping. Then when you are all on the server can't cope? You would of thought that might only be an issue if traffic was heavy and the stats don't seem to suggest that.

    I think Jeff @Needa has hit the nail on the head re the lack of responses to new members and more importantly the unfortunate situation that people having been leaving Nikon in big numbers over the last few years.

    I can confirm I get notifications via Tapatalk as opposed to email.
    Peter

    D500
    D7100
    Tokina 11-16 f2.8
    Nikon 85mm 1.8G
    Nikon 300mm F4 AF-S
    Sigma 150-600c
    Lee filters
    My Flickr account - https://www.flickr.com/people/peter-young/

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    nikonpup's Avatar

    Re: Server

    ​In the past time zones IMO where not a problem. If so many have left Nikon where are the deals on used equipment.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pups_pleasure/


  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Re: Server

    A lot of people are selling their used gear on Fred Miranda's forum. Type Nikon in the topic search and you'll find plenty.

    https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Needa's Avatar

    Re: Server

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter7100 View Post
    Although new compared to many of you, surprisingly I have been here now for 1 year and 3 months and can honestly say I only once was unable to log on and that only lasted for a hour or so.
    From what I can see the forum seems to be predominately members from the US which makes me wonder if the time difference is having an impact. For example I am using it whilst most of you are sleeping. Then when you are all on the server can't cope? You would of thought that might only be an issue if traffic was heavy and the stats don't seem to suggest that.

    I think Jeff @Needa has hit the nail on the head re the lack of responses to new members and more importantly the unfortunate situation that people having been leaving Nikon in big numbers over the last few years.

    I can confirm I get notifications via Tapatalk as opposed to email.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikonpup View Post
    ​In the past time zones IMO where not a problem. If so many have left Nikon where are the deals on used equipment.
    The issue may be time related I tend to post early EST and like @Peter7100 and have little trouble. It also could be the site access is being throttled by IP providers.
    Thanks/Like Peter7100 Thanks/liked this post
     





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Similar Threads

  1. Feedback and Suggestions
  2. Site News
  3. Site News

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •