Z9 Monitor Stopped Working

jacklewis014

I have a 4 month old Z9. Was supposed to shoot a 50th Anniversary party Saturday night. Took the camera out to setup of the shoot and nothing.
The screen was black. Nothing will display, not menu, not picture preview, not the scene in front of the lens. Everything else seemed to work - shutter clicked, changed to burst mode and shutter rapid fired. Didn't know til today that the camera was taking pictures. I turned camera off/on, took out the battery, reseated the lens. I am still learning the camera - is there a button I may have accidentally pushed that turned off the monitor? Or is the monitor just broken?
Help if you can - I have commitments this Friday, Saturday and Sunday and no workable camera.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard jacklewis014, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.

jacklewis014

UPDATE ---
Spoke to B&H Tech Support, I accidentally pressed the button on the side of the viewfinder. Michael at B&H walked me through the menu and viewfinder options.
I fear I will be dead and gone long before I ever learn all I need to use this camera effectively.

BF Hammer

I first read this after the solution, but was about to ask if the viewfinder was still displaying everything. Menus, photo review, basically anything shown on the rear screen also will display in the viewfinder. It would be enough to get that anniversary job done.

Then I was going to remind that other Z bodies have a mode button on the side of the viewfinder that might have been activated. I personally like having the display switch between EVF and rear screen based on the sensor that detects your face next to the EVF. Some people want the rear screen off always so it is mode option.