Z6ii ordered.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
....I have to tell you that I rarely use the silent shutter. It is almost spooky to me....

During the winter, I met up with Jake who switched to Canon mirrorless. He kept standing their holding up his camera yet didn't have any sound. I assumed something was broken. Eventually I asked him if he was having a problem. Nope! The silent shutter in continuous was really silent.

Danno

During the winter, I met up with Jake who switched to Canon mirrorless. He kept standing their holding up his camera yet didn't have any sound. I assumed something was broken. Eventually I asked him if he was having a problem. Nope! The silent shutter in continuous was really silent.

Exactly... That is the way it is in my Z6. Without the sound it just rolls on and I have trouble determining how many shots I have taken. For me, it is just a bit unnerving.

Roy1961

Contributor
my battery pack finally came today, its been that long the z6ii is no longer being made. lol

As a long time hater of the battery pack, i'll never have one of those, both my camera's feel a lot better with them and i don't have big hands.

Now the Z6ii will not look as tiny with the 600mm on it.

blackstar

Roy and everyone, I am also pondering upgrading my humble D3500 right up to Z6ii. My reasoning is this: as the trend going to mirrorless is clear now, I would have little loss (with not many DSLR gears) if just jump right into mirrorless. The main reason for Z6ii stems from a rating report on the best low-light mirrorless: it rates Z6ii #3, Sony #1, and a special Canon RX (not sure it's X) #2, ... but Z7ii is rated #7! So my mind is set on Z6ii now. Just wondering where and what price Roy has bought this bundle? Does anyone have special sources (vendors) to buy with discount or sale prices? My schedule is set for mid or late Aug. Appreciate all help.

If don't mind, may I ask Roy and/or other Z6ii users to try experimental Moon shots using the subject-tracking function and hand-holding Z6ii (for sharp images). Specifically, if you move the camera, will the red rectangular focus box also move to pin the Moon in EVF?

Another question: I have a Rokinon 12mm f2.8 FF wide-angle fisheye lens. Will it work well with Z6ii (use FTZ)? (I apologize if not appropriate to post questions here.)

Peter7100

Does anyone have special sources (vendors) to buy with discount or sale prices? My schedule is set for mid or late Aug. Appreciate all help

I have used this company often for all new purchases over the years. I have no idea how this price compares to your US prices, but they are always very reasonable compared to other UK retailers. They also ship to the US (Free i think) https://www.e-infin.com/uk/item/4181/nikon_z6_ii_mirrorless_digital_camera_(body_only) £1519.00

United States - We expedite our orders from Hong Kong via FedEx, UPS or USPS. The handling time for an order takes around 2-3 working days typically. You will receive your purchase usually on the 4th - 7th working day after your payment is credited to our account. We assure the prices you see on our site are final and there won't be any taxes or duties to pay when the product arrives.

blackstar

Thanks, Peter. From the e-infinity website, their z6ii prices are about $150-250 (body only or kit) lower than most US vendors, including Nikon offer except the FTZ adapter. My only concerns are: 1. will the warranty come with it be accepted by Nikonusa? 2. they don't have any contact phone number, only by email. Think the responsive timing may not work well? 3. the statement:
"We assure the prices you see on our site are final and there won't be any taxes or duties to pay when the product arrives."

seems to be suspicious considering how US custom acquires duty and tax? Other than such concerns, e-infinity may be a low-cost seller for me.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks, Peter. From the e-infinity website, their z6ii prices are about $150-250 (body only or kit) lower than most US vendors, including Nikon offer except the FTZ adapter. My only concerns are: 1. will the warranty come with it be accepted by Nikonusa? 2. they don't have any contact phone number, only by email. Think the responsive timing may not work well? 3. the statement:
"We assure the prices you see on our site are final and there won't be any taxes or duties to pay when the product arrives."

seems to be suspicious considering how US custom acquires duty and tax? Other than such concerns, e-infinity may be a low-cost seller for me.

If a Nikon body is coming from a different country than the USA, I highly doubt Nikon US will offer any type of warranty with it. Most likely any warranty repairs would have to be made through the original country of origin. So if it comes from outside the US, it would be considered a grey market body by Nikon US standards.

Bikerbrent

If a Nikon body is coming from a different country than the USA, I highly doubt Nikon US will offer any type of warranty with it. Most likely any warranty repairs would have to be made through the original country of origin. So if it comes from outside the US, it would be considered a grey market body by Nikon US standards.

I have to agree with Cindy. Any savings buying grey market products would be eaten up (shipping costs and delivery time) if you ever need to have it repaired.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks, Cindy. Good to know, but bad to let go.

If you order from B&H with their Payboo card, they won't charge sales tax. Not sure if that makes any difference as far as cost unless you live in New York where tax must be added.

Clovishound

All states that have a sales tax require you to pay that tax whether it is collected at time of sale by the company, or not. If you look at your state tax return, it probably has an entry for "use tax". The instructions will explain that it is for items purchased from out of state and delivered to your in state address that did not have the tax collected.

If you purchase out of state in person and pay any applicable state taxes at point of sale, you don't have to then pay your own state's tax on the sale. At least that's how my state, and, I believe, most states work.

Danno

If you order from B&H with their Payboo card, they won't charge sales tax. Not sure if that makes any difference as far as cost unless you live in New York where tax must be added.
%

They actually absorb the sales tax Cindy. You get a discount equal to your sales tax. So if I buy something they would apply a 6% discount to offset the what they send to Kentucky.

blackstar

%

They actually absorb the sales tax Cindy. You get a discount equal to your sales tax. So if I buy something they would apply a 6% discount to offset the what they send to Kentucky.

So, when you buy from B&H with their Payboo card, you pay your State sale tax, but get discount of same tax %. This is to say that you DO NOT have to pay use tax when filing State tax return. Am I correct? Thanks

So far, I learned several ways (mine and members here) trying to achieve low-cost purchase of this Z6ii:
1. From UK's e-infinity for lower prices, but with warranty issue,
2. From AMZ's international store for lower prices, same warranty issue,
3. From B&H by using their Payboo card for ~8% (CA) discount
4. From Target by using their Red card for 5% discount, but prices and choices are not so good,
5. From Nikon(US) by using Citi credit card for 4% back
6. Waiting for Nikon sale deals

Anyone else?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
%

Thank you for the corrected explanation, Dan!

BF Hammer

Roy and everyone, I am also pondering upgrading my humble D3500 right up to Z6ii. My reasoning is this: as the trend going to mirrorless is clear now, I would have little loss (with not many DSLR gears) if just jump right into mirrorless. The main reason for Z6ii stems from a rating report on the best low-light mirrorless: it rates Z6ii #3, Sony #1, and a special Canon RX (not sure it's X) #2, ... but Z7ii is rated #7! So my mind is set on Z6ii now. Just wondering where and what price Roy has bought this bundle? Does anyone have special sources (vendors) to buy with discount or sale prices? My schedule is set for mid or late Aug. Appreciate all help.

Another question: I have a Rokinon 12mm f2.8 FF wide-angle fisheye lens. Will it work well with Z6ii (use FTZ)? (I apologize if not appropriate to post questions here.)

I have taken the purchase of my Z5 as the beginning of a reset for past lens purchasing mistakes. I was already starting to shop used F-mount for the f/2.8 holy trinity set. Now instead I am going to do that in Z-mount now. Besides the 14-24, 24-70, and 70-200 I intend to get a macro 105mm f/2.8 all in Z-mount. I have none of those currently, but the 14-24mm is going to be my next lens. I expect the 70-200mm f/2.8 to come last as I already have a F-mount version for about the last year.

I shop at a local B&M camera store. Their prices on gear generally matches AD advertised sale prices online. I can also trade-in old gear there. I brought them my D7000 and my last 3 DX lenses when I bought my Z5, reduced the price several-hundred more by doing that.

And keep pressing for an answer on that Rokinon 12mm lens. I discovered the hard way after the fact that my Tamron 90mm is not fully compatible with Z cameras using the FTZ adapter. I have an option to upgrade it, but think I would rather just get the 105mm Z lens instead and keep using the Tamron on my D750.

The only thing that causes me problem with the mirrorless body is tracking birds or aircraft in flight. This is where the Z6-II is going to be much better than my Z5 as Nikon is addressing that lag of the viewfinder in the new bodies. In burst mode, each image freezes action in the viewfinder as it takes the photo. Z5 has only 4.5 images/second so it really is disorientating to me. An optical viewfinder has a short blackout during those burst photos, but I seem to connect the dots better in my brain that way. My D750 will continue to get use for wildlife because of that.

blackstar

I shop at a local B&M camera store. Their prices on gear generally matches AD advertised sale prices online. I can also trade-in old gear there. I brought them my D7000 and my last 3 DX lenses when I bought my Z5, reduced the price several-hundred more by doing that...

Unfortunately, there is no B&H (or B&M?) store around in our small town here. I am definitely interested in the trade-in thing.

BF Hammer

Unfortunately, there is no B&H (or B&M?) store around in our small town here. I am definitely interested in the trade-in thing.
B&M = brick and mortar store. As opposed to online. My local store is The Camera Company and the have been around for decades in Madison, WI.

You do have options for selling your gear to KEH or B and H online and shipping to them. It can offset cost some.

Peter7100

So, when you buy from B&H with their Payboo card, you pay your State sale tax, but get discount of same tax %. This is to say that you DO NOT have to pay use tax when filing State tax return. Am I correct? Thanks

So far, I learned several ways (mine and members here) trying to achieve low-cost purchase of this Z6ii:
1. From UK's e-infinity for lower prices, but with warranty issue,
2. From AMZ's international store for lower prices, same warranty issue,
3. From B&H by using their Payboo card for ~8% (CA) discount
4. From Target by using their Red card for 5% discount, but prices and choices are not so good,
5. From Nikon(US) by using Citi credit card for 4% back
6. Waiting for Nikon sale deals

Anyone else?

Have you ruled out seconhand from ebay?
Also Amazon (certainly in the UK) are excellent with after sales service re faults etc, whom I assume would have new z6ii available in the USA.

blackstar

B&M = brick and mortar store. As opposed to online. My local store is The Camera Company and the have been around for decades in Madison, WI.

You do have options for selling your gear to KEH or B and H online and shipping to them. It can offset cost some.

Thanks, BF, for clearing my head. I would definitely consider KEH and B&H for selling to them.

blackstar

Have you ruled out seconhand from ebay?
Also Amazon (certainly in the UK) are excellent with after sales service re faults etc, whom I assume would have new z6ii available in the USA.

Thanks, Peter. I always feel uncomfortable buying used goods from ebay (don't know why). I do buy a lot goods from AMZ and enjoy their quick free return/refund, especially getting refund and no need to return (keep the products) recently. But for camera products, especially Nikon brand, their prices from unknown sellers are not competitive at all except the ones sold from AMZ foreign stores without clear warranty acceptable by Nikon USA. My AMZ card only get 3% back.