York Shambles

VanillaPaw

Beautiful! I love York and it's pretty streets! When I come back I deffo will think on this photo as inspiration ;)

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. Meow..•~

VanillaPaw

Thank you @VanillaPaw :) - And welcome to the forum!

Heheh thank you! It happens that I am just a watcher hehehe take some courage sometimes to participate ... Do you live near York or where you just passing by?

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

mikew_RIP

Ashamed to say ive only been to York once,i know all the reasons i should go and your pictures reinforce that,been through the vale of York in many pea soupers taking the local manager home after meetings.

SteveH

Heheh thank you! It happens that I am just a watcher hehehe take some courage sometimes to participate ... Do you live near York or where you just passing by?

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

I live just on the outskirts of York, about 2 miles from the centre - My wife works in the town so I have an hour to kill twice a week when I go to pick her up from work.

wornish

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

Join in we don't bite :)
Welcome to the forum.

VanillaPaw

I live just on the outskirts of York, about 2 miles from the centre - My wife works in the town so I have an hour to kill twice a week when I go to pick her up from work.

Nice, what a better way to kill an hour ;)
I used to go to York every year since I moved to UK, but I didn't go this one. I normally go for the day, I leave in Newcastle upon a Tyne :)

Last year I went cuz the market but it was way packed that I didn't enjoy it so much. I think I got some nice shots anyway hehehe

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

SteveH

Nice, what a better way to kill an hour ;)
I used to go to York every year since I moved to UK, but I didn't go this one. I normally go for the day, I leave in Newcastle upon a Tyne :)

Last year I went cuz the market but it was way packed that I didn't enjoy it so much. I think I got some nice shots anyway hehehe

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

It does get very busy - Mainly mid summer and also Christmas... It's one of the problems of living in a tourist city, I can't just quickly go shopping, each shopping trip is a fight against crowds!

Still, Newcastle is nice, you will get some nice shots there too! (The football is good too!)

SteveH

Ashamed to say ive only been to York once,i know all the reasons i should go and your pictures reinforce that,been through the vale of York in many pea soupers taking the local manager home after meetings.

You should definitely visit Mike!

VanillaPaw

It does get very busy - Mainly mid summer and also Christmas... It's one of the problems of living in a tourist city, I can't just quickly go shopping, each shopping trip is a fight against crowds!

Still, Newcastle is nice, you will get some nice shots there too! (The football is good too!)

I know what you mean, and it doesn't help that the shops are so cute and small that you hardly can move around all the visitors hehehe but I love it!

I was actually gonna do a photo like yours last year and when I was preparing my shoot This person stood up next to me ...

smoke.jpg

I had to run away from him *cough cough*

VanillaPaw

Here's a black & white version - I tried a few and settled on this as my favourite. All thoughts appreciated.

dsc_4395-edit-edit-edit.jpg

I didn't see this one before and let me tell you that it is a winner! :3

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

James Clark

Like it. My opinion is the black and white one is the best! Been meaning to get to York all year but every time I try something happen's. Pitty too as its only a hour up the road and would be great to get out and shoot it.

ferg007

Love both versions but the colour one is my favourite..... I like the way the yellowish reflection from the streetlights on the wet cobbles draws your eye up the street from bottom to top - it's a weaker effect in the B&W.... Could just be my eyesight of course!

Nikon D5300

Nikon AF-S 18-55mm VR II DX
Nikon AF-S 40mm Micro f/2.8 DX G
Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD

dani2xll

I prefer the Christmassy feel of the original myself. But either way it is a beautiful image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk