Woody's 2021 Photon Quest

Woodyg3

Contributor
It may look cruel, but that play before eating is just how crayfish evolved. Hard to believe he'll get that whole duck down. Poor thing...

:) LOL. Yeah, actually the duck breaks off the legs and claws so they can swallow it. It's kinda' grizzly.

Woodyg3

Contributor
Winter

Winter-751.jpg

Woodyg3

Contributor
A Hooded Merganser hen with a huge tadpole. I didn't realize until recently that some tadpoles remain in their "pre-frog configuration" all winter.

HoodieTadpole-751.jpg

HoodieTadpole-751.jpg

Last edited:

Woodyg3

Contributor
The other day I was watching a pair of Kestrel hunt. Instead of swooping down on their prey, they were running around on the ground to catch insects. It was kind of comical to watch.

Kestrel-751.jpg

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Ugh...sorry about that Woody! I will contact jdeg immediately.
I'm honestly not sure what went wrong here. It looks like a hiccup that happened while uploading.
@Woodyg3 are they being uploaded with the "insert image" icon or via the "attachments" (paper clip)?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
jdeg, many of us using Chrome are stuck uploading one image at a time with the insert image option. Now that Chrome no longer offers Flash support, there isn't any way to enable flash. And without it, we can only access the one-at-a-time option.

Previously I was able to access the multiple image uploader until someone ran into problems. Once I switched back to the Basic Uploader to check out their problem on my end, I lost the ability to upload multiple images at once because of this flash issue.

Woodyg3

Contributor
jdeg, many of us using Chrome are stuck uploading one image at a time with the insert image option. Now that Chrome no longer offers Flash support, there isn't any way to enable flash. And without it, we can only access the one-at-a-time option.

Previously I was able to access the multiple image uploader until someone ran into problems. Once I switched back to the Basic Uploader to check out their problem on my end, I lost the ability to upload multiple images at once because of this flash issue.

Cindy, I don't think Flash is supported by any software at all anymore. Adobe actually requested that people remove it from their computers. Newer forum software uses different coding in order to achieve what Flash used to. This is part of the reason that jdeg is working on a software update, I suspect.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Cindy, I don't think Flash is supported by any software at all anymore. Adobe actually requested that people remove it from their computers. Newer forum software uses different coding in order to achieve what Flash used to. This is part of the reason that jdeg is working on a software update, I suspect.

I'm pretty sure the bulk uploader required Flash - I was just reminding him about the problems. I sure hope we have something new soon though. :)