Woody's 2020 Adventure

Woodyg3

Contributor
LoneTree-680.jpg

Woodyg3

Contributor
So did you get something back from repair, Woody? :confused: If so, how did it go?

D500 back from Nikon and shutter replaced for $308. Everything cleaned and all functions checked while it was there, and a new hand grip. About 3 weeks from the day I mailed until I got it back. Everything working great.

When I sent my 200-500 in for VR problems, they turned it around quicker, likely due to the time of year. That was a warranty repair and the lens is working well.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
D500 back from Nikon and shutter replaced for $308. Everything cleaned and all functions checked while it was there, and a new hand grip. About 3 weeks from the day I mailed until I got it back. Everything working great.

When I sent my 200-500 in for VR problems, they turned it around quicker, likely due to the time of year. That was a warranty repair and the lens is working well.

I'm waiting until after New Year's to send in my PF lens. My other 300mm sounds clunky, and the AF is starting to go, too. But that one won't be repaired just yet.