Win a Free 5 day Photography Holiday in Malta!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Congrats to you Marcel. Malta is fantastic. I've only been once years ago but it was so good I still have good memories of it. Be prepared for some heat though!!! We went end of July; left Belfast it was 5.30pm, 13°C (55°F) and raining, arrived Malta 11pm it was 36°C (96°F) and dry as a bone! 45°C (113°F) during the day!!!

Thanks. This is why I choose september to go. I've been to Mallorca and suspect the weather should be similar at that time. I'm sure I'll enjoy. Now if I only could decide on what camera and lens combination to take with me… :)

JulianK

Thanks. This is why I choose september to go. I've been to Mallorca and suspect the weather should be similar at that time. I'm sure I'll enjoy. Now if I only could decide on what camera and lens combination to take with me… :)

What camera and lens options are at hand Marcel? I'll happily advise!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
What camera and lens options are at hand Marcel? I'll happily advise!

Basically it's between the D7000 and the D700. I'd like to take them with me on the plane and the weight could get a little bothersome. With either pro-zooms or primes...

Eye-level

Banned
I would like to hear what your thoughts are on the various focal lengths to use with both DX and FX concerning fashion/portrait type stuff Julian.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Marcel,
Did you go to Malta? and if so how did you get on??

Yes I did and I had a good time. Took around 1500 shots. You can see some of them in my gallery and in my 366 thread day 253. http://nikonites.com/project-365-daily-photos/4382-marcels-366__2012-a-11.html

Met great people but found the place to be a little too remote for a long vacation. Didn't have a car so I felt kind of stuck there. Fortunately I met someone from Malta that had a car and took me around for the last 2 days of my stay there.

Overall a great experience. Julian really opened my eyes as far as how far we can go with the retouching for fashion shots. He was the best.

kendrikwiley

Many Photographer likes to go for a Photography Holiday and there are many ways where they can go for that.Also they should carry some photography equipments or accessories.