why is this happening?

Horoscope Fish

thanks for the link, I don't mean to be lazy does yongnuo sell one for a bit less? If I get a cheaper one will it be less effective. I'm talking $99.99 and under. I ask because you might know offhand. If not I will do the homework

"ex fedora user" Linux :)

I see a YN 560 III, $90 and version IV for $99
He's in Toronto so I was shopping on Amazon Canadia.

skater

thanks for the link, I don't mean to be lazy does yongnuo sell one for a bit less? If I get a cheaper one will it be less effective. I'm talking $99.99 and under. I ask because you might know offhand. If not I will do the homework

"ex fedora user" Linux :)

I see a YN 560 III, $90 and version IV for $99

The built-in flashes on cameras kind of destroyed the bottom end of the add-on flash market, so for a long time you were out several hundred dollars for any flash. However, it sounds like it's coming back, from some of the prices listed in this thread alone.

But unless you specifically need a flash, and know you need it, it wouldn't be my first purchase. I have one and rarely use it, and you can do a lot more harm to a picture with a flash (washing out, etc.) that is difficult or impossible to correct, compared to a picture without a flash that is a bit dark. Additionally, the high ISO abilities of today's DSLRs limits how often you actually need the flash, too. (This reminds me, I need to get better with my flash, such as learning how to control its output and not just frying everything in range.)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Lucien, you seem to be not aware of basic photography. You should find a good book that would explain how a picture is made. Or best just google exposure triangle. Even if you can see in a normal room with your eyes, it doesn't mean there is enough light to produce a properly exposed photograph. All is depending on iso, shutter speed and aperture.

If you are able to understand and use Linux, you should be able to understand light and exposure.

lucien

Thanks for the links and advice regarding the flash. Hi Marcel I posted earlier on that I went outside and tried taking pictures with 3 different modes P,S,A and the issue had gone. And I concluded that it was a lighting issue. And the picture with the flash on was a hint. I'm not ready for an external flash as yet, it's something I will look into. If I don't do a lot of indoor photo's I might not even pick one up

Kama Sutra, but no photography books. Shame on me

Last edited: