Which bridge camera?

lokatz

Elliot87, I feel the same way. Funny you mentioned the challenge of 'finding the subject' - I struggled with that all the time at long focal lengths when using the P600.

I'm about to go to India and Nepal next month and will take along both of my DSLR bodies plus a number of lenses. Nevertheless, the primary tool for much of the trip will be my Panasonic TZ101 'superpocket' because it is good enough for most situations and a whole lot easier to have on me at all times. As the old adage goes, the best camera is always the one you have with you.

mikew_RIP

The biggest problem with bridge cameras is owners who think they are DSLRs,if bought in the full knowledge of what they are with sensible expectations of what they can do then they are well worth the money,i wish i had never sold my P900.

Poor light then good light,i think both are at full zoom on the P900.

26044356246_b52e243ac8_o.jpg

26032077870_6778e04460_o.jpg

Last edited:

Elliot87

The biggest problem with bridge cameras is owners who think they are DSLRs,if bought in the full knowledge of what they are with sensible expectations of what they can do then they are well worth the money,i wish i had never sold my P900.

Poor light then good light,i think both are at full zoom on the P900.

View attachment 264585

View attachment 264586

Very true Mike.

I've just looked at your gear list for the first time in a while and see you now have a D500 and the sigma 100-400mm, a combination I would dearly like to try and probably own. If I did they would probably be with me on my travels rather than a bridge camera. How are you finding that combo?

mikew_RIP

Up to now ime enjoying it,obviously i lose reach but i couldnt manage the longer heavier lenses any more,it will work on my V2 so i can use it for smaller birds.

mikew_RIP

Giving serious thought to adding a P900 again, I kept enough credit to add a standard zoom to the D500 but to be honest i think t would have more fun with a bridge camera.