Whats in your pot for Thanksgiving

FastGlass

Well let's see....
The juiciest, tastiest, turkey that's know to man (thanks to a recipe from the food network) that involves a brine
Mashed potatoes
Ginger Carrots
Deviled Eggs
Salad
Pumpkin Pie
Marsh mellow Sweet Potatoes
Salad
Spicy Pumpkin Hummus with Pita bread
Smoked Venison Backstrap on crackers with cheese and roasted red peppers
Pretzels with home made sweet/hot dipping mustard......

I'm sure there's more. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Ooooh. I've been wanting to try the brine way of doing it but always seem to forget. Maybe next year.

oldhippy

Just an update. The New York Style Crumb Cake. Well it stayed home, what was left this morning. Got up at 5 started the Parker House Rolls. It's a 3 hour project. But the results are worth the fuss. Made 32 rolls and they were devoured, like Piranhas feeding. The fresh whole cranberry and walnut relish was also a hit. Thankful for the day. My neighbor and great guy died at noon yesterday. He was just 50. So it reminded me of how fragile life is. As I said, I'm thankful for the day. Later

Smoke

Turkey getting ready for the oven
DSC_1465.jpg

Smoke

You have to have deviled eggs....these are a Tex Mex version with chili powder and Jalapenos and roasted red peppers
DSC_1468.jpg

RocketCowboy

You guys are making me hungry again!

Good thing we have a second thanksgiving dinner to go to tonight. Everything we're cooking today includes bacon!

Smoke

Those potatoes look great. Would you share how they are made. Thanks. Ed
Absolutely, this was actually the first time I made them and there was none left. Keep in mind, if you are watching your weight, this isn't for you. Here's the recipe:

The Creamiest, Butteriest, Tastiest Mashed Potatoes Ever
Total Time:
1 hr 20 min
Prep:
15 min
Cook:
1 hr 5 min
Yield:8 portions
Level:Easy

Ingredients
Mashed Potatoes:
5 pounds Idaho russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
Kosher salt
6 ounces cream cheese
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened, plus more for greasing dish
1 cup half-and-half, warmed
1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
2 cloves garlic, zested
Topping:
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
1/4 cup minced fresh chives
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Directions
For the mashed potatoes: Add the potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set aside to dry.

Whip together the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes. Add the still-warm potatoes alternating with the half-and-half. Whip until blended. Add in the pepper and garlic and season with salt to taste.

Grease a 9-by-14-inch glass baking dish with butter and pour the potato mixture into it. Bake right away, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.

When ready to bake and serve, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

For the topping: Pour the melted butter over the potato mixture and bake until bubbly and slightly golden, about 45 minutes. Garnish with the chives and parsley. The potatoes can be kept warm in a 200-degree oven or tented with foil until ready to serve, up to 2 hours.