What the heck is wrong with the D500 and Nikon?

mariosraptor

Had the same issue. Airplane mode ON.
VR on the lens to OFF.
Also give it some charging cycles and you’ll see the more times you charge it, the better it will get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captain birdseye

No with either my d500 or d7200. Both with nikon grips and batteries. sandisk cards in both too.
I have owned 6 other nikon bodies and all have been great re battery drain.

jc32750

Well, D500 uses up a battery faster then the D7200. Owned both. But I bring extra batteries and sometimes use my battery grip. Great cameras.

captain birdseye

Try it with a SD card rather than the XQD card. I think others have this problem with certain XQD cards.
Also, are you using a 3rd party grip? The d500 is rather quirky re 3rd party accessories.

Woodyg3

Contributor
@bandit993 sorry to hear about your problems. Just wondering if you have tried either a different battery or a different charger? I read an account from a D500 user who solved his problem just by using a different charger. I'm not sure why it worked, but it seemed to for him.

I love my D500 and get well over 2000 shots from a charge. I also get great IQ. Maybe you just need to get yours replaced under warranty.

Fortkentdad

The Angry Photographer. Smart guy. What a trip he is.

There are many different Photo related Youtube video-bloggers, some have more to say than others - and some you have to get past their attitude to hear what they offer.

grandpaw

I have had my D500 for over a year with ZERO problems. On a 1 to 10 scale I would give my D500 a 15. I have been shooting cameras since 1970 and I have never been as impressed with a camera as I am with this one and no I am not just saying it because I own one, this camera is great!!!

Daz

I do have a friend that sold his D500 and lenses and started over again with the Sony A9 and new lenses.... He is happy with his change over and said mainly changed to have a lighter camera....

Well thats rubbish as an A9 with an 85 1.4 is heavier than a D500 with the equivalent lens ... The bodies of Sony may be lighter but the glass is heavier ...

No issues with my D500, seems you have some issue with youtrs ...

I would keep the 500 however I am going to be trading it in for the 850 just for more MP, no other reason.

jc32750

Well thats rubbish as an A9 with an 85 1.4 is heavier than a D500 with the equivalent lens ... The bodies of Sony may be lighter but the glass is heavier ...

No issues with my D500, seems you have some issue with youtrs ...

I would keep the 500 however I am going to be trading it in for the 850 just for more MP, no other reason.

Why not keep the D500 and buy the D850. That’s what I plan to do one day.

Daz

Why not keep the D500 and buy the D850. That’s what I plan to do one day.

Because for what I do which has turned into a lot of fashion and product shots the 850 makes more sense. I still love the 500, the 850 just suits my shooting more

Keoghan

This is the angriest post i have read regarding a D500 so I'm guessing your unlucky. Surely if its under warranty with nikon or a supplier just send it back. Also the IQ will be cleaner than the 7200 if your shooting at higher iso, i have a 7200 and i know full well the D500 produces better images as it has a superior metering system. I agree with the other posts on here, get it fixed and enjoy it. Its clearly an insanely good camera. Hope you get it sorted and have some better luck.

STM

It sounds like yours has some issues, it might have to go to the. Mine has been trouble free for over a year and it has gotten a fairly heavy amount of usage. Although I charge the camera battery too, it is only a backup. Mine runs off of a D5 battery in the battery grip and that thing lasts forever.