What mode are you in the majority of the time ??

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
For the most part, I am in aperture priority; however, if I'm using flash, or if the shutter speed is more important, then I use manual.

Roy1961

Contributor
relax and chill out mode at present, 4 day weekend coming up, lots of shooting planned. San Jacinto in the morning before turkey time.

Horoscope Fish

Most of the time, probably 80% or better, I use Manual with Auto ISO. When I'm not I'm in aperture priority.

I'm sure I have, but... I can't recall the last time I shot in any other mode other than one of those two.

kiwi314

Manual for me. Since forcing myself to shoot in it, it has become harder and harder to switch to anything else. The control is wonderful, and I have trouble handing over the ISO settings at this point, too. I don't want to chance a bad exposure, and the more experience I get in Manual, the more that becomes a safer bet. I have to force myself to grow again in some of the priority modes... at some later point. ;)

D200freak

I'm in "happily unemployed/self-employed" mode. But as for camera usage, the D800 and D200 are almost always in manual mode. The D40 stays in auto mode.

J-see

Manual mode 100% of the time. I can't even remember the last time I shot A or S.

At my age however, that could've been yesterday.

Last edited:

Fred Kingston

Manual... whenever I change to something else...things start going hinky, until I realize I've changed modes, and then I curse myself for having changed away from Manual...

Simons

50% manual and 50% A Mode. I was 100% Manual mode but was told to get out of it and work on my composition instead so been trying both modes now

Moab Man

Depends. Shooting sports I'm in Shutter priority and auto ISO. Scenic then Manual. Walking around needing to draw and fire then shutter and auto ISO.

cbay

Manual all the time. Used to be manual and auto iso, but i can usually push the iso a little more than auto allows to control noise.

Pretzel

Manual or AP most of the time, but if I'm shooting on the fly without knowing when the next "get it now or miss it" shot might appear, I'll go Shutter Priority with auto-ISO.

pforsell

I dislike all the auto features and try to minimize their use, so:

* no auto ISO
* no TTL auto flash (Manual off-camera or bounce flash 100%)
* no matrix metering (75% center, 25% spot)
* exposure mode Manual 90%, the rest A or S

The downside to this is that I cannot blame the camera when I mess up. :cool: