What is your photography educational level

Schnick

I have a foundation diploma in digital photography which I took at the beginning of 2015 when I decided to take it up. I've always been interested in photography and started off with a Kodak compact digital, moved on to a Nikon Bridge (Coolpix L810) and now running a D5300. I did the diploma before moving onto D-SLR as you had no real control over anything on the L810. It was all pre-sets.

I now have a subscription to Digital Camera magazine, member of this forum and avid reader of tutorials to learn new techniques and develop my own style.

Mike Adams

Very much a novice in almost all areas. My work consists almost entirely of focus-stacked macros, beyond that I am almost totally ignorant.

Fortkentdad

self taught too

- read a little
(lots of magazine articles, a few books - both paper and e-book)
- watched many a Youtube
- ask questions on forums such as this one and Nikonians

but mostly trial and lots of errors

advnturer

National Geographic Photography Courses | The Great CoursesI have bought the Great Courses course for Photography Fundamentals I and II and learned a lot as a start. I have also taken specific interests and found great workshops on YouTube for Landscape and Wildlife Photography. Through YouTube, I have found some interesting videos on In Field Workshops that give field trips with instruction. Some more reasonable than others. I did a search for Local Workshops and instruction and actually found a highly respected photographer here in Colorado that gives private lessons and field trips. When checking his site, I determined that if I wanted to make a profession out of photography the private lessons would be second only to interning with one.

Jr1

Banned
Never took a course they didn't exist when I bought my Nikon F NEW I am NOT a GREAT photographer but I am good, Photography is the only love I have ever had from the age of 12, when Dad got me a Kodak Instamatic 25, I will never be a great photographer, but I am good at what i do, and why not say that if you believe you are.

1. Never do yourself down
2. Never let OTHERS do you down
3. LEARN your gear inside and out, use it until it becomes second nature
4. Don't keep upgrading for upgrades sake when most people can't even use what they have
5. Take LOTS and LOTS of photographs, not just one of a subject, alter the speed/ap and see the difference
6. Learn one subject and do it well
7. Take your camera off P or A and put t on M
8. I shoot sports on SINGLE shot, it is a camera NOT a machine gun, learn to anticipate

Finally learn THIS, one of THE most important things in photography no matter WHAT you shoot, DOF makes a photograph from limiting the subject to just the important part to a landscape where all or just a part is in focus

Understanding Depth of Field in Photography

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

mikew_RIP

I married a Studio trained wedding and portrait photographer in the early 70s,the only lady photographer around here at the time, she taught me mainly weddings and a little portrait work, i soon learnt that working for customers sucked all the pleasure out of it for me, this meant restricting the studio earnings but made me happy.
I spent my time as her assistant helping at weddings,i must have had my hand up more brides dresses than any man, using satin covered lead weights to arrange the dress,i enjoyed those years ::what::

Blacktop

I married a Studio trained wedding and portrait photographer in the early 70s,the only lady photographer around here at the time, she taught me mainly weddings and a little portrait work, i soon learnt that working for customers sucked all the pleasure out of it for me, this meant restricting the studio earnings but made me happy.
I spent my time as her assistant helping at weddings,i must have had my hand up more brides dresses than any man, using satin covered lead weights to arrange the dress,i enjoyed those years ::what::

You little rascal, you!:encouragement: