What do you want for D760???

Vincent

Even if I really was tempted by the D750, I found it insufficient different to justify it.

We are talking where would the D760 fall in the FX line up?

The D5 is clearly positioned.
The D810 is probably going to be replaced or complemented (D5X), and the MPIX will rise to keep up with Canon and Sony.
The D610 is up for a real replacement or abandon, but a 1000 EUR FX camera with ISO performance above the D500 (and low spec for the rest) at 24 MPIX seems logical.
The DF ....

So we come to the D760:
- It would be between 24 MPIX and 50MPIX (Under the high resolution body, but the in between MPIX body)
- Over 2000 EUR
Targeted at sports
- FPS between 6-12, so about 8 (D300S speeds)
- slight improvement on the DR, AF (yes above the D500), ISO performance (between D500 and D5)

I would probably still not go for it, but certainly be tempted again.

N.B. For the D610 and D750 replacements tilt screens and snapbridge + new AF-P lenses are to be expected.

rocketman122

Thanks for all your comments. Here's what I think:
1. Nikon should keep the D6xx line as entry level for FX cameras, and the replacement of D610 (say D650) should have what the current D750 has plus 4K video, and it's priced at about $1700-1800
2. Nikon should keep producing D750 and sell for $1600 (it's still a very good camera anyway)
3. The new D760 should have these new features (and priced at $2100-2200)
- double AF points with double cross-type points
- full touch & articulated screen
- 8 fps with double buffer
- flash 1/250 and shutter 1/8000
- ISO 100-51200
- 4K video
I think this is normal progress and these features are substantial enough to differentiate from the entry level (D650) and to attract new and current buyers.

I dont think these specs will happen except for the 4k. . like @Bikerbrent said, small refinements. I hope im wrong but I dont think they will add so much. im sure it will be a batter spec wise all around but not d610 to d750 jump kind of level.

Somerset Scott....as you know from your weddings you often have to crop as the lenses available are not long enough. So starting at 20 MP is not very good particularly on FX . No AA filter increases sharpness by 20% ...compare D800 and D810 with a sharp lens (Samyang 14mm) on DXO and you have the proof. Extreme low light performance is not necessary as I just turn the flash on when it gets dark

Somersetscott

Fair enough, I frame my images with the mindset of not having to crop or a very minimal crop. For the 4-6k images I shoot each wedding (over two D750 bodies) anything more than 24mp would be eating through cards like there is no tomorrow and plus the amount of diskspace needed to back up all of the RAWs on the processing side. I guess it is a restriction I am happy to live with at present :)
My 70-200mm f2.8 gets covers enough ground at weddings and a flash gets popped on if the light is low. That said I wish Nikon or Sigma (Art) would make an upto date 135mm prime preferably F1.4..
Ah OK yes I think I read about the AA as a complaint by most reviewers when the D750 came out.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

NVSteve

A deeper buffer would be fantastic. Real weather sealing would also be highly appreciated. I honestly don't know what they could add that would make me want to buy a new model.

Ad B

Hi,
I want to go for a D760 with…
More Mps (36 is enough).
Better AF system, like the D5 andD500.
Bigger buffer.
Increase in Dynamic Range
For the rest, like my D750… that’sfine for me.

rocketman122

A big enough impact to drop the price on a D750 for me to buy (within budget) :)

same here. the d760 will be great, the d750 will still be great. minor increments with features and performance.

Im not sure theyll go to 1/8000 1/250 shutter as it has to be a tier under d810, maybe another fps..meh. ive never shot more then 4 fps on my d3/d3s

it might have 4k. not an issue for now. still some time.

just want a $300 price drop

Dawnsmed

An update on the menu software would be great. More user friendly with enhanced ability to find answers to questions on board the camera