Wendy's 52 Photo's in 2015

wthorson

Thanks for the compliments on my shots, Andrew and Martin. I do enjoy doing macro photos. You will see many macro ideas from me this year.

wthorson

3/52 Theme: Still Life- Calla Lily
One of my favorite artists is Georgia O'Keeffe, this shot is my attempt to photographically re-create one of her paintings. Calla Lily Turned Away. Calla Lily Turned Away - Georgia O'Keeffe - WikiArt.org
Calla Lilly 1-10-15.jpg

mikew_RIP

Going to stick my neck out here,we all see things differently but in my eyes that has to be one of your best images,there are so many points i like about it from the positioning of the Lily to the ripples in the background.

wthorson

Going to stick my neck out here,we all see things differently but in my eyes that has to be one of your best images,there are so many points i like about it from the positioning of the Lily to the ripples in the background.

Wowzers Mike, Thanks so much. It took me much more time to get the shot than I thought that it would. Then the Post Processing was a challenge for me. So I really appreciate your compliments on my work.

Vixen

I agree about this being possibly your best shot Wendy. I speed read your message and was expecting to scroll down and see your shot. I took it that your shot was the artwork you were recreating :D It is without a doubt a very beautiful shot and would look lovely on the wall :D

RON_RIP

Don't listen to him, Wendy. He is just trying to get rid of the competition. You have raised the bar for all of Us with your Lily

wthorson

Wowzers you guys I am truly overwhelmed by the wonderful compliments from my attempt at the Calla Lily. Thanks so much for your support and comments Chris, Mike, Doug, Brad, Scott, Steve. Marilynne, Tracey, Pat, Ron, George, Roy, all of my other fabulous Nikonite friends.

wthorson

Frame that Lily! Sell prints!!! I always enjoy your work, but...

Crème de la crème
Wow, thank you Pretzel, I am thrilled that you like the shot enough to give me the "Crème de la crème" rating. I will have to work hard to improve above that rate.