Wendy's 52 Photo's in 2015

RON_RIP

Week 34/52 This is the first bloom of the, "Potus Ronus Cannas". This is the first "PRC" bloom west of the Rocky Mountains. Ron, Thank you for the BEAUTIFUL opportunity to see this unique flower. View attachment 175380
Way to go Wendy. You're do have a green thumb. My second Cannas plant bloomed yesterday and I have posted a photo of it on my Round Tuit thread. My first plant had 12 blossoms on it. So I hope to have many photos this year.

wthorson

Way to go Wendy. You're do have a green thumb. My second Cannas plant bloomed yesterday and I have posted a photo of it on my Round Tuit thread. My first plant had 12 blossoms on it. So I hope to have many photos this year.
Ron, yep, I must have a green thumb, this cannas is really beautiful. I got another blossom today, it looks like there will be many blooms in the coming days. Thanks again for thinking of me and sharing the bulbs.

wthorson

awesome shooting Wendy, how close to the moose were you?

Roy, Thanks for the compliment. I was about 50 feet away from the moose, but I sure wanted to get closer. My husband would not let me get closer, so I'm glad that I had a great lens to be able to get a good shot of "Thor".

RON_RIP

Ron, yep, I must have a green thumb, this cannas is really beautiful. I got another blossom today, it looks like there will be many blooms in the coming days. Thanks again for thinking of me and sharing the bulbs.
You are most welcome Wendy as both I,and my fiend perceive you to be someone who will care for these legacy bulbs. Take lots of photos of them to share with us.

wthorson

You are most welcome Wendy as both I,and my fiend perceive you to be someone who will care for these legacy bulbs. Take lots of photos of them to share with us.

You got that right Ron, I really appreciate the bulbs. I do need to know what to do to split the bulbs to propagate more. I want to have my whole yard full of them.

wthorson

I do not know the answer to that but will certainly find out for you Wendy as long as you promise to quit dancing with Moose.

Ron, I can't promise that I will quit dancing with the moose, they are such majestic animals. I will however, promise to keep my distance from them, they are quite intimidating. Thanks for all of your help.

wthorson

Week 35/52 Theme: Water. At the top of a beautiful mountain lives this nice peaceful pond.
Pond at top of Mountain in SF.jpg

RON_RIP

Wendy, you are really getting a lot of use out of your 60mm micro, as am I. Been thinking of renaming it my Nifty Sixty. It is a little slower than the 50mm but the micro makes it more useful and the speed difference is of minor importance on these new camera bodies. What is your thoughts on that?

wthorson

Wendy, you are really getting a lot of use out of your 60mm micro, as am I. Been thinking of renaming it my Nifty Sixty. It is a little slower than the 50mm but the micro makes it more useful and the speed difference is of minor importance on these new camera bodies. What is your thoughts on that?

I like that, "Nifty Sixty". My 60mm is my favorite lens. The speed difference isn't a problem for me. I have become a careful shooter, instead of a spray and pray shooter, so the slower speed is good for me.

wthorson

Week 37/52 Theme: Geyser: This geyser is in Soda Springs, Idaho. It is a geyser like Old Faithful in Yellowstone. The cool thing about this geyser is that it goes of every hour, and it is located in the middle of town. The minerals that come out of the deep earth with the water when the geyser erupts, make the area around it some beautiful colors. This is a shot of one of the vents that bubble constantly. If you ever get a chance to travel to Idaho, it is worth seeing.
Soda Springs Geyser 9-6-15.jpg

Last edited:

wthorson

Week 38/52 Theme: Arches. While driving through the mountains during the golden hour, I came upon this 1898 Church. The window arches are framing the deteriorating interior and one window frames the golden fields in the high mountain area.
Porterville 1898 Church.jpg

wthorson

Week 40/52 Kolob Canyon, Making of Arches. This is a shot of the beginning of some double arches in Kolob Canyon. We will see in a few thousand years how nice the arches turn out. :)
Kolob Mountain 10-3-2015.jpg