Weekly Challenge June 24 - July 01: Learning Experience - Abstract

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I did my idea, I learned how hard my idea was, I also learned that either this site hates the picture or its too dark for most peoples screens to actually properly read (maybe my screen is calibrated to be too sensitive, I have no idea), there really isn't a point in trying to do that again and I have no ideas for any other entry, so at the very least I'm out of this weeks one.

I just don't want you to get discouraged and give up. We all have ideas that don't work. The challenge is open until Tuesday, so if you think of something, please submit it.

thequeenscheese

I did my idea, I learned how hard my idea was, I also learned that either this site hates the picture or its too dark for most peoples screens to actually properly read (maybe my screen is calibrated to be too sensitive, I have no idea), there really isn't a point in trying to do that again and I have no ideas for any other entry, so at the very least I'm out of this weeks one.

post a couple others in another thread and see if they work/ look the same on another device or 2

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@StephanieL, In your gallery, if I open the photo, I see shades of purple, black with noise. It reminds me of an image (onion slice or similar) under a microscope with iodine dye. Is that what we were supposed to see?

StephanieL

@StephanieL, In your gallery, if I open the photo, I see shades of purple, black with noise. It reminds me of an image (onion slice or similar) under a microscope with iodine dye. Is that what we were supposed to see?
Yes. I put that into my gallary at one point in an attempt to get it to post here, but that didn't work.

thequeenscheese

it was here at one point but just looked black to me and a bit grainy, if you go to advanced tab there's 2 ways to add the picture you can add as an attachement or direct to the post, I've had problems with it myself from the iPad but not from the pc, also I have to turn my security software off while I add a picture (not sure why either as I've not had that before), it also needs to be JPEG size not too crucial unlike the gallery option but around 5mb should work or 4000pixels along longest side..

thequeenscheese

This what it looks like on the ipad from your gallery..

20150626_102827.jpg

StephanieL

This what it looks like on the ipad from your gallery..

View attachment 165797
Weird, because one person could actually see it correctly. but at this point I have given up on getting it to show up whatsoever. I'm just going to assume that since its a dark picture it wont show up because the screen calibration on most peoples devices isn't sensitive enough. Also I've tried a few ways of posting it already. I posted it from my computer. I used the code to post it from my gallary. I've done the stupid screenshot idea. It is literally impossible to show, I give up.

StephanieL

For the few that can see it, and to everyone else, its either your screen or your eyes. (I edited this to post the picture the other way, should be bigger now)
DSC_0001.JPG

Last edited:

StephanieL

Its just a tiny black square.
When I click on it it doesn't get any larger.

What size is the original?
I noticed that its a tiny black square, that happens on my side too, but its bigger in my gallery weirdly. the picture clams to be 1024 by 800 but I think it resized to be smaller because during editing I cut a bigger picture down to do this editing and then when saving saved it to be larger. (edited the way I posted the picture, should be bigger now, not like I expect anyone to be able to see it properly in the first place)

Last edited:

thequeenscheese

still just a grainy black on my ipad, if I pinch zoom I can see dark purple dots on a black background but the colour differential isn't enough to separate them and make them visible..

Last edited:

StephanieL

still just a grainy black on my ipad, if I pinch zoom I can see dark purple dots on a black background but the colour differential isn't enough to separate them and make them visible..
again must be screen calibration or something, because I'm not the only one that sees it the way its intended. It literally doesn't even have black in it. It has purple, dark blue, and white speckled throughout it. Many people I've talked to say that they see it as differentiating enough colors that you can clearly tell its not black. Also, again, I posted it for those who CAN see it, not can't. If you are seeing it correctly you CAN NOT see any objects. Just like the actual definition of abstract you can not tell what I took a picture of. If you are seeing purple, dark blue, and a little bit of white (which I'll admit is almost just a pixel here and there but its still visible) then you ARE seeing what I intended.

Last edited:

thequeenscheese

perhaps a lot of pc/monitors/iPads etc have some auto correction features to give better quality visuals it would be interesting to see if you ordered a print of it how it turned out, or maybe also you could post a link to the pic you have and we can test it at our ends without the nikonites Man in the middle...

Last edited: