Weekly Challenge Jan. 8 - 14: Earrings

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
No biggie. I started attaching the photo then saw the cutoff. Good luck on the earrings all who submitted!

Thanks for your understanding, TwistedThrottle! Just be aware if your area observes Daylight Savings time, the cutoff time will change by 1 hour come spring.

TwistedThrottle

Thanks for your understanding, TwistedThrottle! Just be aware if your area observes Daylight Savings time, the cutoff time will change by 1 hour come spring.
Of course! I just enjoy the challenge, and just missed the cutoff. I took the shot on my lunch break and meant to post at lunch, but got back to work and was swamped the rest of the day. Almost didn't post, but decided to push it through anyways.
Fall back... Spring forward... So the cutoff will be 3 soon enough.
Washington is proposing observing DST indefinitely. No more fall back, spring forward. If enough states sign onto it, and we get the ok from the federal gov't, it could be a real thing. This is opposite how AZ and HI observe, which is- they don't.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Of course! I just enjoy the challenge, and just missed the cutoff. I took the shot on my lunch break and meant to post at lunch, but got back to work and was swamped the rest of the day. Almost didn't post, but decided to push it through anyways.
Fall back... Spring forward... So the cutoff will be 3 soon enough.
Washington is proposing observing DST indefinitely. No more fall back, spring forward. If enough states sign onto it, and we get the ok from the federal gov't, it could be a real thing. This is opposite how AZ and HI observe, which is- they don't.

Your Daylight Savings time might be 5pm. I'm on the east coast. Right now my cutoff is 7pm, but I think it was 8pm over the summer when Walt was away. And you should be 3 hours later.

TwistedThrottle

Your Daylight Savings time might be 5pm. I'm on the east coast. Right now my cutoff is 7pm, but I think it was 8pm over the summer when Walt was away. And you should be 3 hours later.
Yup, you are correct.
I didnt even know what UTC was, so I did a search on the interwebs and it says Pacific time is (UTC)-8 currently and starting the second Sunday in March will change to (UTC)-7 after daylight saving time kicks in. Hopefully, Washington will do something about this confusing DST shenanigans.