Weekly Challenge Jan 21 - Jan 28: "16 x 9"

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
dsc_3500_01.jpg

Lawrence

If anyone is wondering where my photo went I have deleted the entry as it was pointed out to me that the crop was 16 horizontal and 9 vertical.
Mines was 9 horizontal and 16 vertical.
Sorry folks!

Eyelight

If anyone is wondering where my photo went I have deleted the entry as it was pointed out to me that the crop was 16 horizontal and 9 vertical.
Sorry folks!

I saw it. It was a nice shot. Did seem a little tall though.:D

Bob Blaylock

Sorry folks!

I have yet to find the right subject, but I was thinking of doing exactly that, just to buck the trend—taking a picture that was 9×16 rather than 16×9. As far as I'm concerned, that's an entirely legitimate interpretation, in line with how previous weekly challenges have been interpreted. But now you've beaten me to that, even if inadvertently and subsequently withdrawn. I have an even more radical idea, but it is going to be more difficult to find the right subject to which to apply it.

paul04

So many good pictures in this week's challenge, I've been very busy at work this week so not had no time for photography :(

Going past the local park this morning, spotted a photo opportunity, but only had my mobile phone with me,with a couple of adjustments in lightroom.
No chance of winning this week, but as they say

"You have to be in it to win it"

20150125_092422.jpg

Felisek

I have yet to find the right subject, but I was thinking of doing exactly that, just to buck the trend—taking a picture that was 9×16 rather than 16×9. As far as I'm concerned, that's an entirely legitimate interpretation, in line with how previous weekly challenges have been interpreted. But now you've beaten me to that, even if inadvertently and subsequently withdrawn. I have an even more radical idea, but it is going to be more difficult to find the right subject to which to apply it.

The description of this challenge specifically states

to be absolutely clear: 16 horizontally, and 9 vertically

This doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

Eyelight

@oldsalt like the math, but wonder if it should or could be 90 or maybe C6. Note that there is a limit of one entry per person, so you will need to pick one and add a note on the non-entry that it is such.

Lawrence

One of the things I wanted to do this year is participate in these weekly contests.
I hope I have the dimensions right this time.

Duck island.jpg