Weekly Challenge Feb 25 - Mar 4: "Frozen"

paul04

As soon as I seen this weeks subject, I had this idea in my head, but getting it to work was not easy.

To cut a long story short, this was the 3rd attempt, (number 1 and 2 attempt melted the heart in the middle)

DSC_0903.jpg

wornish

As soon as I seen this weeks subject, I had this idea in my head, but getting it to work was not easy.

To cut a long story short, this was the 3rd attempt, (number 1 and 2 attempt melted the heart in the middle)

Very cool !
Whats the heart made out of ?

paul04

Very cool !
Whats the heart made out of ?

I had some heart shaped moulds in the cupboard, I added red food dye to some water, then put that in the mould, then in the freezer.

Once frozen, I put it in a square tub, then added water to freeze around it, and that's when the problems started, the water melted the ice heart.

The 3rd attempt I got it right :)

Bob Blaylock

Depending on the composition, glass freezes at anywhere from around 900°F. to over 4000°F.

Asphalt freezes at anywhere from around 86°F. to over 300°F.

At a measured temperature of about 60.7°F., taken with my infrared non-contact thermometer, I think it is safe to say that both this asphalt surface, and the pieces of broken glass thereon, are quite solidly frozen.

Stock 18-55mm lens on my D3200.

ISO 100, ƒ/8.0, Shutter speeds of 2, 5, and 10 seconds, HDRed with Geodesic HDR.

geoHDR_csc_7531_csc_7530_csc_7532n.jpg

Fortkentdad

OK - when i read [h=2]Weekly Challenge Feb 25 - Mar 4[/h]I mistakenly thought that I could post pictures taken Feb 25th to March 4th. As it is still March 3rd I'm curious about the rules - there are much finer pictures posted so I'm not overly concerned about 'winning' just so that I know what the rules are.

Eyelight

OK - when i read Weekly Challenge Feb 25 - Mar 4

I mistakenly thought that I could post pictures taken Feb 25th to March 4th. As it is still March 3rd I'm curious about the rules - there are much finer pictures posted so I'm not overly concerned about 'winning' just so that I know what the rules are.

It's a time zone thing. Since this is a global forum, the challenge needs to cut-off at one time. No matter when it cuts off, it will be tomorrow somewhere and still today somewhere else.

The cut-off is Wednesday 00:00 UTC which will mean sometime Tuesday evening in Alberta.