368440079_uhSPt-XL.jpg

Lands End, Cornwall England
934435944_pkHNP-XL.jpg

Attachments

• 793025374_YaWyb-XL.jpg
    793025374_YaWyb-XL.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 1,158

Carolina Photo Guy

You know something? The shot of North Carolina with the beach houses really reminds me of Hwy 12 as it turns North off of Hwy 64 headed towards Kitty Hawk.
Very nice shot. I especially like the soundside sand dredgers.

Pete

karlyh

For the life of me, I can't remember... My brother lives in Fayetteville and while visiting him we were on our way to my nephew's which I believe is Atlantic Beach area(?) Which hwy we were travelling I can't recall. I was in the back seat snapping shots....... hence the reason for the crop because the bottom half was guardrail in movement..lol
Thanks Pete!

Carolina Photo Guy

karlyh;bt63 said:
For the life of me, I can't remember... My brother lives in Fayetteville and while visiting him we were on our way to my nephew's which I believe is Atlantic Beach area(?) Which hwy we were travelling I can't recall. I was in the back seat snapping shots....... hence the reason for the crop because the bottom half was guardrail in movement..lol
Thanks Pete!

Now I see it. Ok. You were going over the bridge to Carolina Beach. Get to the end of the bridge and turn right towards Kure Beach and from there on to Fort Fisher.
I should have recognized the style of the beach houses. They are designed to be rented out over the summer season for a high charge, but the houses usually pay for themselves within 10 years.

BTW: That stretch of water you were traveling over is the InterCoastal Waterway. You could get on there with a boat and travel all the way to Miami, Florida.

Last edited:

karlyh

Carolina Photo Guy;bt64 said:
Now I see it. Ok. You were going over the bridge to Carolina Beach. Get to the end of the bridge and turn right towards Kure Beach and from there on to Fort Fisher.
I should have recognized the style of the beach houses. They are designed to be rented out over the summer season for a high charge, but the houses usually pay for themselves within 10 years.

BTW: That stretch of water you were traveling over is the InterCoastal Waterway. You could get on there with a boat and travel all the way to Miami, Florida.

Yep, I did know that at least and you have to be correct as to which way we were going also because I remember Kure Beach in fact I think we went there too........ We also decided to take the ferry into Ft. Fisher from somewhere....lol Gosh, this was just a few months ago!!! Memory loss can be scary!

I'd love to live on the water again....... I grew up in Maryland along the Chesapeake. The houses in the pic are REALLY nice!
Here's one from on board the ferry:
793025188_Ju7oE-L.jpg

karlyh

Yibel;bt61 said:
Karla, you've got some beautiful shots! Wish I could see and shoot some of those locations.

Thanks so much!! I highly recommend England at least once in a lifetime. In fact, I think Europe is an artists paradise..... artist of any kind.

karlyh

Michael Wyle;bt74 said:
great photos , love the ironbridge one as i live there :)

Wow! That's cool... I was just there again last week... Love it there. I'm in King's Norton now, but lived a little while in Bridgnorth..... love all the towns in Shropshire actually. I'm from the states and have been living in England for about 5 years..
Thanks Michael!