Want to buy a D3s on payment plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill16

Re: Want to buy a D3 on payment plan

One last change folks! I'm changing it to just a D3s! My beloved gave me the thumbs up sign, so it will be a D3s for me! I hope! Lol :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Re: Want to buy a D700 on payment plan

I also want to stick to these lower MPs nikons to keep my lens cost low as I can while still having good Nikkor af-d glass! The higher MPs Nikon's can really need sharper AF-S glass for good results!:)

My suggestion would be to try a D610 with the lenses you have and see the results of their sharpness. The sharpness can be bumped up during post processing. Do you have a dealer locally where you can take a few lenses and try out a D610? It is an excellent camera which costs less than a used D3s leaving you extra money to allow for better. It will be more advantageous investing in higher quality glass.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
OK I just upped the offer to up to $2,900.00! Must be in great shape and low actuations! :)
My suggestion ( I know it's none of my business) is to use that money and take your wife on a little vacation where you could put your D700 to action and actually take pictures with it. I wonder if she agreed to your demands just so she wouldn't hear about it anymore or is it really because she agrees with you that this is the best way to spend the money you don't even seem to have at the moment.
Taking a cruise, a week-end out of the house or buying your loved one something just for her might bring you more happiness than another camera in your bag.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh by questioning your "wants", but this is what friends to to friends, they give their honest opinion.
Of course, my opinion would be different if you hadn't mentioned the fact that you need to have payment plan in order to get this camera. If you'd be loaded with money, I would never tell you what to do with it...

Just food for thoughts while you keep enjoying your D700 and D300.

Bill16

I didn't nag my wife into submission, and I do buy my wife gifts on a regular basis. She makes her own decisions and she is getting our $2,000 tax refund for her use.
She feels that the D3 is too small a jump from the D700, a says that if I'm going upgrade that it should be more of a upgrade.
Travel is not much of an option for me, since I'm agorophobic, so close to home will have to do for my photos. I enjoy this hobby, and the D3s is the direction I'm going "following" my wifes' advice mind you.

But I will enjoy my D700 and D300 before and after I get my D3s! :)

My suggestion ( I know it's none of my business) is to use that money and take your wife on a little vacation where you could put your D700 to action and actually take pictures with it. I wonder if she agreed to your demands just so she wouldn't hear about it anymore or is it really because she agrees with you that this is the best way to spend the money you don't even seem to have at the moment.
Taking a cruise, a week-end out of the house or buying your loved one something just for her might bring you more happiness than another camera in your bag.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh by questioning your "wants", but this is what friends to to friends, they give their honest opinion.
Of course, my opinion would be different if you hadn't mentioned the fact that you need to have payment plan in order to get this camera. If you'd be loaded with money, I would never tell you what to do with it...

Just food for thoughts while you keep enjoying your D700 and D300.

rocketman122

btw, the D3s is sharper than the D3/D700 and the Wb is better as well.

something a few people have noticed about the D3s and most wont ever notice it because if the conditions they use it is it wont release the shutter. in weddings and under stress, the camera will not lock focus. it wont lock and it wont release the shutter. most dont shoot under stress and are in easy situations that dont require critical demand like im in so they wouldnt notice it but pros who work in the field have confirmed this. its to the point where I have my pinky and ring finger extended that the camera base sits on and my middle is close to the AF mode switch to the left of the left of the lens at the ready to flip it up to manual mode.

for instance in ceremonies I no longer trust the AF to lock and release the shutter anymore in my most critical time. I play it safe. so in the jewish ceremony, when the groom comes to break the cup, I prefocused and lifted the AF lever to manual beforehand. it happened where I come to focus in very well lit situation and the damn camera will not lock>release the shutter. no more. I am now prepared. this is the same on the dance floor. the Af is very problematic. the D3 is fine though.

Bill16

Enjoying my D700! Lol :)

dsc_3612sized.jpg

dsc_3616sized.jpg

Last edited:

Bill16

No need buddy! NC only uses one rear plate! So you can put a vanity plate or just nothing at all on the front! Lol ;)

nice pics, but too contrasty to shoot outdoors in the mid sun. tell the guy with the red explorer his front plate came off hahaha

weebee

I'm happy a certain moderator spoke up about this. You have a great selection of cameras that alot of people would love to have.l almost sold a camera to support my next buy. But, I would loose one thing to gain another thing I thought I needed now.I'll keep what I have now. And let karma choose my next level .

Bill16

I'm sorry to hear you say that my friend. Since I haven't changed plans at all. I just chose to save for it instead of payments.
So a D3s is still on my list to buy soonest, and I'm very much looking forward to getting it. I'm sorry if my camera goals makes you unhappy buddy. :(

I'm happy a certain moderator spoke up about this. You have a great selection of cameras that alot of people would love to have.l almost sold a camera to support my next buy. But, I would loose one thing to gain another thing I thought I needed now.I'll keep what I have now. And let karma choose my next level .

weebee

I'm sorry to hear you say that my friend. Since I haven't changed plans at all. I just chose to save for it instead of payments.
So a D3s is still on my list to buy soonest, and I'm very much looking forward to getting it. I'm sorry if my camera goals makes you unhappy buddy. :(

That's not what I was saying at all. But, I hope you get what you are after

Bill16

Thank you everyone for your comments and I decided to put this want off for a while at least, since I'm enjoying my D800e and that gives me a pair of FX Nikon's to work with! Lol :)
So I'll go ahead and close this thread and will start a new one later if anything changes! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.