Waiting for images

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I have had the same problem. I have just attributed it to my slow internet connection. There are some of the posted photos that take a very long time to load (some poster's photos are predictably slow). I have attributed that to linked images from them. I really like it when it speeds up and goes well. (Not often. Ha!)

aroy

Still get the interminable load times, but now this, randomly, on fresh pages and revisits. After several refreshes, the actual page will load. This is the only forum of the many I use that has such issues.

View attachment 178450

This happens with me quite often. The reason is
. Dropped packets, which results in some of the formatting information to be lost.
. Traffic bottleneck any where between the server and my computer, which results in dropped packets.

Usually a couple of refreshes solve the problems. But one in a while the problem persists, and is solved only after an hour or so.

thequeenscheese

im in the uk with fiber interweb, and the first link loaded slow for me message was waiting for nikonites, that thread is heavy on pics but no heavier than the competitions, maybe nikonites host has changed something they do?

nikonpup

for now i am back up to speed, i did a system recovery. I had downloaded a program to search for malware (ad-adware) nothing found so i tried to uninstall and things went all to heck and gone. Figured i would try the recovery b 4 having the geeks take a look. Recovery done without using backup, good time to clean out all the crap that gets downloaded.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Fyi, the Internet as a whole was having issues the past couple weeks. This could have something to do with it slowness.

Images.nikonites.com is a separate cdn server that connects differently depending on where you live.

aroy

There is definitely an issue with the route between Nikonites Server and my PC. Just now while opening this thread the data from site started crawling - 20 kbps for a couple of minutes and then came back - 20 mbps. For cross checking I test either Microsoft or Google, and they behave perfectly every time the Nikonite site is slowed.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
The last few days the site seems to be very slow, but I am really a poor judge as my ISP is not the fastest. I have had problems today replying with a quote and then adding/uploading pictures. Three times the system locked up on the "designating the position and the size of the image" box. Had to back out and start over. I finally got it, but it took 4 times, I think.

aroy

I noticed that the site slows down regularly in the evenings (1400 GMT onwards). May be due to early morning rush in the Americas.

It goes so bad at times that the replies take a couple of minutes to post.

aroy

Even here. I just had a duplicate post, as the system just froze when I hit the "Post" button, then after a minute or so - "Wait or Cancel", I cancelled and re-posted. On review there were two posts in "Flowers"

mikew_RIP

I hit post quick reply and the box came up eventually asking if i wanted to leave the page,i clicked yes as i was well peed off at that stage and it made the post.

RocketCowboy

I hit post quick reply and the box came up eventually asking if i wanted to leave the page,i clicked yes as i was well peed off at that stage and it made the post.

I'm getting that behavior consistently tonight as well, but the posts are showing up. The site otherwise looks and feels responsive, so I had assumed it was my browser changing timezones or some nonsense on my end.

Blacktop

It's much faster tonight. I haven't tried uploading anything though. Maybe I'll take a picture of my foot and see what happens. download.jpg

mikew_RIP

I'm getting that behavior consistently tonight as well, but the posts are showing up. The site otherwise looks and feels responsive, so I had assumed it was my browser changing timezones or some nonsense on my end.

I belong a few other various forums,when i have had enough fighting this one i can go straight on any of the others and have no problems,we need to move away from blaming browsers and sort the problem, members will walk eventually.

aroy

In my opinion, the Nikonites Server is getting overloaded. Time to upgrade the hardware and tune up the software.