Vintage razors

Thumper_6119

Contributor
I use a double edge. It sits on a stand with my brush and bowl.

Once you switch to the "old school" method of shaving...it becomes much more ritualized. I actually look forward to shaving now.

Shaving used to be a chore for me. Once I started straight shaving, it become a pleasure. I look forward to shaving now.

richnmib

I have four double edge razors. Two 195? Gillette's, a EJ D89 and one from the Czech Republic that my mother-in-law brought over. I prefer that method of shaving. I also have many fountain pens I use on a daily basis. I prefer some of the older technologies to the modern.

dh photography

I need to get myself back into it. Started about a year ago, but did not like the soap I had. Just never bought new stuff. Do love the feel and regiment of using the double edge razors. Here's a couple of mine ...

DHP_5832.jpg

Gobae

My friend (a Canon shooter, but I don't hold that against him) collects and uses straight razors. As he uses them more, he's developed a preference for certain features and contacted me to make him one that has all the bells and whistles he likes. Now I just need to get out to the forge and get hammering.

John P

Just a cell phone snapshot.
These are my two daily drivers. The tiny one is a Hoffritz vest pocket razor 1940's german.
Great little travel razor.
66744d842207fa0dea278a9fc28fc946.jpg

SteveL54

I used a Gillette double up until about 10years ago. I dropped it on the tile floor, and it bent and dented enough that it was no longer useable.

My dad used a straight razor in the 40's and then switched to the double. I have a box here somewhere that was given to me after he passed in '85.
I'm sure there are a few of his old straight razors in there. Time to start looking for it.