USPS Fail

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I guess I am very fortunate. Actually, I know I am. Ha! My postal delivery person is the best! It is a quarter of a mile from my mailbox to my house. If she has a package that will not fit in the box, she will drive the 1/4 mile to deliver it to the house (knock on the door and hand it to me if I am home). I have missed her when mailing something that needed to go out. Gave her a call on her cell (yep, she gave it to me) and we arranged to meet so I could get it to her. No, she is not a relative or friend. Just the lady that delivers my mail. Now if I could only get UPS and FedEx to be the same. Ha!

I guess I am very fortunate. Actually, I know I am. Ha! My postal delivery person is the best! It is a quarter of a mile from my mailbox to my house. If she has a package that will not fit in the box, she will drive the 1/4 mile to deliver it to the house (knock on the door and hand it to me if I am home). I have missed her when mailing something that needed to go out. Gave her a call on her cell (yep, she gave it to me) and we arranged to meet so I could get it to her. No, she is not a relative or friend. Just the lady that delivers my mail. Now if I could only get UPS and FedEx to be the same. Ha!

You are lucky. My UPS and FedEx guys are pretty good. Never a problem with them . The mail though is a problem. I will get notice that something has been delivered and I am at home. I will go out and look and it is not here. It will finally get delivered 2 of 3 hours later They just scan them that they are delivered and then do it when they want. Sometimes I get no mail for a day or two and then get a lot the following day. I suspect the mail carrier is skipping days so they can get home early on certain days.

After talking to the post master today and talking about the video that she could not open because the PO blocks access to video I plan on going there tomorrow and showing it to her in person and discussing what is going to happen.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I really have to clarify my mail delivery person. She is not a postal employee, but is a rural route contracted delivery person. We are "small" town, wave at everyone type of community. UPS and FedEx are not really bad, just not quite a good as the Mail Gal.

Just-Clayton

Don, I do apologize for the way she handled your package. As a mail carrier for 22 years, you will not see me abuse mail or packages like that. As for new employees, these "carriers" are told to hurry and feel obligated to take as many short cuts as possible to please the bosses to keep their jobs. By running, leaving notices, rather than knocking on your door, and tossing packages. They are clueless on the rules and regulations of the mail delivery. In the last year alone, in my office we have gone through 14 new carriers. Due to stress, not following rules and not getting their way. I get so pissed off when I have to here my boss say a newer carrier can do my route faster. But, when I deliver my route after time off , I am bringing back mail for vacant homes and hearing from my customers how bad this person is. There is no more civil service tests and no more service in US Postal Service. Big wigs want to crunch numbers and that's it. To most people getting jobs with us think all we do is put letters in a box and walk in the park all day. When in fact it is a lot more. As for me delivering packages, If unsafe to leave I knock. no answer I leave notice. If a larger envelope with say pictures, I leave between the doors.

Just-Clayton

You are lucky. My UPS and FedEx guys are pretty good. Never a problem with them . The mail though is a problem. I will get notice that something has been delivered and I am at home. I will go out and look and it is not here. It will finally get delivered 2 of 3 hours later They just scan them that they are delivered and then do it when they want. Sometimes I get no mail for a day or two and then get a lot the following day. I suspect the mail carrier is skipping days so they can get home early on certain days.

After talking to the post master today and talking about the video that she could not open because the PO blocks access to video I plan on going there tomorrow and showing it to her in person and discussing what is going to happen.

Please do show her the video. I get tired of these new employees not doing their job.

Don, I do apologize for the way she handled your package. As a mail carrier for 22 years, you will not see me abuse mail or packages like that. As for new employees, these "carriers" are told to hurry and feel obligated to take as many short cuts as possible to please the bosses to keep their jobs. By running, leaving notices, rather than knocking on your door, and tossing packages. They are clueless on the rules and regulations of the mail delivery. In the last year alone, in my office we have gone through 14 new carriers. Due to stress, not following rules and not getting their way. I get so pissed off when I have to here my boss say a newer carrier can do my route faster. But, when I deliver my route after time off , I am bringing back mail for vacant homes and hearing from my customers how bad this person is. There is no more civil service tests and no more service in US Postal Service. Big wigs want to crunch numbers and that's it. To most people getting jobs with us think all we do is put letters in a box and walk in the park all day. When in fact it is a lot more. As for me delivering packages, If unsafe to leave I knock. no answer I leave notice. If a larger envelope with say pictures, I leave between the doors.

I worked in retail management (One Hour Photo Labs) for many years. We got all sorts of problem customers and I had my share of employee problems. I covered multiple states so had to work long distance all the time. There is never a reason not to give 100% to your job. You are being paid to work and should always do your best. I am just guessing but with Amazon using the USPS for most of their packages now that has probably helped the Post Office be a little more profitable. And again a guess but I would think Amazon would not be very happy to know how their packages are being handled.

The Post Master did call me but told me she could not open the video because they were blocked from opening any videos but she was going to get IT to open it and find a way for her to view it or she would just forward it to her personal email and view it at home. We will see if anything comes of it. In reality I am not sure what I think should happen. I would bet if she is my regular carrier my service is going to drop big time.

rocketman122

I worked in retail management (One Hour Photo Labs) for many years. We got all sorts of problem customers and I had my share of employee problems. I covered multiple states so had to work long distance all the time. There is never a reason not to give 100% to your job. You are being paid to work and should always do your best. I am just guessing but with Amazon using the USPS for most of their packages now that has probably helped the Post Office be a little more profitable. And again a guess but I would think Amazon would not be very happy to know how their packages are being handled.

The Post Master did call me but told me she could not open the video because they were blocked from opening any videos but she was going to get IT to open it and find a way for her to view it or she would just forward it to her personal email and view it at home. We will see if anything comes of it. In reality I am not sure what I think should happen. I would bet if she is my regular carrier my service is going to drop big time.

on the fact that ive worked both management and low level worker jobs, I will disagree with you. those low level people get paid crap have hard hours and have usually crap jobs many dont want to do. pay her the salary her manager makes and see how she smiles when she comes drops off that box to your door. sorry. they have it bad. hard conditions and crap salary. give her a break. youre going to get her fired for that..?

Daz

on the fact that ive worked both management and low level worker jobs, I will disagree with you. those low level people get paid crap have hard hours and have usually crap jobs many dont want to do. pay her the salary her manager makes and see how she smiles when she comes drops off that box to your door. sorry. they have it bad. hard conditions and crap salary. give her a break. youre going to get her fired for that..?

I have done Multi Drop driving and it isnt as bad as it is made out, but she has a choice to do the job, if she doesnt like it, bugger off and find another job!

Last edited:

Danno

Mine is the same Walt, I do not have his cell, but if it does not fit he brings it to the house. If it is raining it goes on the covered front porch on a sunny day the back porch... UPS and FedEx are the same. But I do not have their cell phones :)

Danno

Sorry, but I cannot agree. When I had a young family. I worked 3 jobs so my wife could stay home with our kids. I worked from 2:30 to 10:30 at a factory. M,W,F,and S I drove a parking lot sweeper without heat or ac. Every morning I cooked breakfast at McDonald's. I did not enjoy it... but nobody knew that I didn't because they were all my choices, just like this USPS worker. I did what I had to do. I was tired all the time. Eventually I dropped one of the jobs, than two and went back to school. Went on medical retirement last year as a key member of the product management team after 36 years of service for that company that I started working for on the factory floor.

It is not what you do or how much you are paid it is your decision as to how you will do it. I have had a lot of jobs I hated and worked for a lot of jerks... some you cannot imagine... but they nor the job.... or how much I made determined how I carried myself. I did.

rocketman122

I would have confronted her, not post it on the net or to the usps. a little discretion and she would have been embarrassed and apologized and certain it wouldnt happen again. I wouldnt make it public for a package to get her fired.
@Danno and I doubt you did your job 100% when you were tired working all those hours and jobs. im certain there were many times you had the same "this sucks" face as she did on her face and im certain you slacked in what you did many times. so dont point your finger at others so quickly. you talk about yourself but thats your opinion of you.

john*thomas

I really have to clarify my mail delivery person. She is not a postal employee, but is a rural route contracted delivery person. We are "small" town, wave at everyone type of community. UPS and FedEx are not really bad, just not quite a good as the Mail Gal.

I used to have the same experience. I live about 2 blocks from the post office and over the years I've sent out hundreds of packages. It used to be the lady behind the counter knew me and was great to work with. Now the employee changes weekly it seems.

I could walk in and she would say "Oh, hey, a package arrived for you today, let me get it and it won't have to be delivered". One time I had a problem with a delivery and she went far out of her way tracking it down. Now if there is a problem they look at you like they don't understand what you are saying.

rocketman122

the post in our country sucks ass. I ordered some plastic parts for my arai helmet. im over 3.5 months mark waiting for it. its always delayed in customs. she "froze" the package from going back to the sender and so when they find it, they will get it to me. its a big issue here. delays nonstop. ull wait 2 months at times for something. the workers there are apathetic and dont give a rats ass. the taxes here are high and prices are crazy high so people order things from ebay and far east websites like dx.com alieexpress and banggood.com the discount is enormous vs price in country. but a lady dropping a box on the porch gets the 5th degree burn. nice.

Just-Clayton

Are you in town don?? If so, she was a CCA (City Carrier Assistant). 15/hrs no benefits for 1 year. They relive us regular carriers when we have overtime. So, for them their job is to put mail in your box, with no concern of mail being right or wrong. They don't have to concern their time to making customers happy or do the paperwork like I do. Y hey ate trained to deliver and only to deliver.they sometimes confront customers with attitude rather than concern.