Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New media
New media comments
New profile posts
Latest activity
Media
New media
New comments
Search media
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Mirrorless Z
Z6/Z6ii/Z6iii
Upgrade to Nikon Z6 111 + Nikkor Z180-600V f5.6-6.3 VR lens + Z 1.4 teleconverter ?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="BF Hammer" data-source="post: 848208" data-attributes="member: 48483"><p>I don't see any fault in the equipment selected. I used to own a D750 and used it with a Sigma 150-600mm C, but I never had a teleconverter. I kind of get the performance you are trying to upgrade on.</p><p></p><p>I still have the Sigma and adapt it to my current Z body (was a Z5, now I have a Zf). My next lens upgrade is scheduled to be a trade-in for the Z180-600mm that I expect may happen with tax refund money.</p><p></p><p>The upgrade to the Z body is going to be the biggest difference here. If you allow the subject detect to work it will do a great job of finding your birds and usually will lock on and track across the view, especially with 3D tracking active. I have read some accounts of new mirrorless users who feel intimidated by the AF options and just try to do things the SLR way they are used to and then complain about the focus points jumping about. That's a feature, not a problem if you let go of the limitations of the old hardware.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="BF Hammer, post: 848208, member: 48483"] I don't see any fault in the equipment selected. I used to own a D750 and used it with a Sigma 150-600mm C, but I never had a teleconverter. I kind of get the performance you are trying to upgrade on. I still have the Sigma and adapt it to my current Z body (was a Z5, now I have a Zf). My next lens upgrade is scheduled to be a trade-in for the Z180-600mm that I expect may happen with tax refund money. The upgrade to the Z body is going to be the biggest difference here. If you allow the subject detect to work it will do a great job of finding your birds and usually will lock on and track across the view, especially with 3D tracking active. I have read some accounts of new mirrorless users who feel intimidated by the AF options and just try to do things the SLR way they are used to and then complain about the focus points jumping about. That's a feature, not a problem if you let go of the limitations of the old hardware. [/QUOTE]
Verification
Post reply
Forums
Mirrorless Z
Z6/Z6ii/Z6iii
Upgrade to Nikon Z6 111 + Nikkor Z180-600V f5.6-6.3 VR lens + Z 1.4 teleconverter ?
Top