upgrade to d90 from D3100

everprentice

I have a D90 and absolutely love it. If I could have afforded it I would have gotten the D7100 but I couldn't. I think, for the money, the D90 is a fabulous camera and one of the best deals going on a DSLR. I love the fact that it will accept, and function, with ANY Nikon auto focus lens, not just the AF-S lenses.

D90 is a fabulous camera. I've had 3 D90s over 3 years and it doesn't disappoint. I learned a lot about photography using the D90. It has all the functions required for photography. The video capability is handy but i wished they put on a superior af system instead. With the introduction of the D7000/71000 the prices just dropped and it is worth for the money. Unfortunately, my last D90 failed after I inserted a wired remote- the first and only time I used one.

======================
Typed with two fingers on a bright shiny doodad.

everprentice

Very well said!!! I have a D50, my first DSLR. I really like it but....I am beginning to outgrow it. Or maybe I'm just wanting...better. Yes I covet the D7100 but, I've been looking at a D90 because of some of the features it has which are better than what I have and D90's can be had very reasonably. Do I choose the D90 and use that money I saved on lenses (because the 90 would serve me very well) or, do I just get the 7100? Decisions decisions...hey, you have an F-3? How much? Uh....maybe I can wait on that 7100....LOL!!!

Many pros will tell you prioritize then lens before camera and I concur that.

======================
Typed with two fingers on a bright shiny doodad.