TTL Fill flash percent

WayneF

A calculator to compute fill flash "percentage" from TTL flash compensation is at

Flash pictures are Double Exposures- Outdoors

We hear manual flash users talking about using 20% or 30% fill flash.

Well, TTL offers less coarse adjustment to do the same thing.

-1 EV fill is 33%, and -2 EV fill is 20%. But TTL also offers third stops, but Sekonic doesn't. :)

One of these days, one of these calculators surely will impress someone. :)

rocketman122

flash for the majority of photographgers is something they dont want to enter. its too complicated in their eyes.
theres more than the technical part of flash Wayne. the bigger part is the aesthetics of how its used in the image.

Needa

Challenge Team
It's a shame more people don't experiment with flash, I think they would find it an asset. Just another option that needs to be learned before one is proficient in their use. I think the use of bounce and off camera are fantastic tools all should learn the basics of. I'm still learning and experimenting.

WayneF

flash for the majority of photographgers is something they dont want to enter. its too complicated in their eyes.
theres more than the technical part of flash Wayne. the bigger part is the aesthetics of how its used in the image.

? Why are you reading this flash forum? I doubt that is you in your icon, since it shows someone interested in flash. :) The artists among us like to say photography is about light, and flash is just a light we can control as deemed useful. There are many options, with vast capabilities, and it certainly can make a tremendous difference. It does of course help to learn an additional thing or two though, but some just can never be bothered to do it. No sympathy. :)