True or False ??

mauckcg

Does having a pro lens turn your pictures from good to great ?? most professional photographers always advise you to buy the best lens you can. do you think that a $500 lens will produce the same results as a $2k lens with the same camera & the same settings ??

Better lenses tend to give sharper results and are much less limiting in say VR or aperture as a kit lens or variable aperture lens.

Danno

To steal a bit of @BackdoorHippie analogy... You can buy a great tone... That guys playing with Plant... He bought a Great guitar tech that knew how to get every ounce out of that rig. But you still have to be able to play. Equipment only gets you so far.

Me I am still learning. I bought a decent body, and it has helped me stretch. The lenses I have work for what I am doing but they will be replaced as i can afford it. In the mean time I am trying to learn by spending time here and looking at composition and light. Sometimes I get it right sometimes not. But all the time enjoying it... even if I am the only one :) and I am working at getting better at what I like. Next for me is a wide angle 11-20 2.8 or something of that nature... than a 200-500...