Tripod recommendation?

photobugjb

Don't know what you are trying to hold up. Need more information on your gear. That said give Induro a look. They are good and sometimes have great sales.

Last edited by a moderator:

bewithabob

I just picked up a manfrotto/bogen 055cxpro3 very light weight carbon fiber, fast set up and rock solid, for use with nikon d7000 and various (300mm is longest now) lenses, flash. i was cynical about the stength and stability of carbon fiber, initially i had bought a manfrotto 055pro3 aluminum, and that was just too heavy. you have to also consider the weight of the head you intend to use, in addition to equipment. which in my case is the bogen808rc4 3-way panhead. this head is super smooth and has no slip or give once set with heavy lens. i think also, for smooth pan on HD video, this head will work beautifully.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranie

I just picked up a manfrotto/bogen 055cxpro3 very light weight carbon fiber, fast set up and rock solid, for use with nikon d7000 and various (300mm is longest now) lenses, flash. i was cynical about the stength and stability of carbon fiber, initially i had bought a manfrotto 055pro3 aluminum, and that was just too heavy. you have to also consider the weight of the head you intend to use, in addition to equipment. which in my case is the bogen808rc4 3-way panhead. this head is super smooth and has no slip or give once set with heavy lens. i think also, for smooth pan on HD video, this head will work beautifully.

you got yourself a good combination there.

eurotrash

I'll chime in on LinkDelight too. I ordered a battery grip for my D5100 way back and I remember it taking them literally a dark age to get to my doorstep from China. Seriously took about 5 weeks to arrive when I could have just gone on Amazon, spent $1 more, and had it in 5 days or less.

Product received ok, everything worked. It just took them awhile to ship from all the way across the world.

On the topic of a tripod..Well, you get what you pay for, really. Tripods are one of those things that you hate to spend money on, but when you need a feature you think to yourself, "Damn, that was a great investment!" So spend once, save up for something, beg borrow or steal to make it work. You'll be thanking yourself later.

I just happened to be able to snag a Dolica ZX600B300 carbon fibre tripod on black friday for around $70. LOVE it so far, it's awesome. Just have to keep your eyes open for the sick deals!

Last edited: