Toy Photography - Let's see them.

Moab Man

Gotta love when a picture doesn't post.

W_D85_1605.jpg

Dangerspouse

I think I prefer the wide. Actually, I know I do. Can't get over the Alien not having its tale.

View attachment 319410

I prefer it this way also. Aside having the main action now occurring in a more pleasing right of center, being farther from the lens makes it seem less "toy like", if you know what I mean. But both shots are tremendous. As usual.

And I'm sure Alien has many tales to tell ;)

Last edited:

Moab Man

I prefer it this way also. Aside having the main action now occurring in a more pleasing right of center, being farther from the lens makes it seem less "toy like", if you know what I mean. Both both shots are tremendous. As usual.

And I'm sure Alien has many tales to tell ;)

I agree. It's such a tough thing with toy photography, too close - not close enough. Just give me the porridge already!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
[MENTION=11881]Moab Man[/MENTION] how tall are some of these toys? I'm considering getting something - possibly Star Wars - but have no idea what's available or if size matters. Lol. ;)

Moab Man

@Moab Man how tall are some of these toys? I'm considering getting something - possibly Star Wars - but have no idea what's available or if size matters. Lol. ;)

I work with the 7 inch toys. Below this they are not detailed enough nor do they articulate so well. Above the 7" mark they get stupid expensive.

Sorry I took so long to answer this.

Moab Man

This shot is done with with black foam-board. Incense for the smoke. Lumecubes for lighting with gels. The light panel on the left is Photoshop and the green bar on the right is Photoshop.

W_D85_2966.jpg

Moab Man

The background wall is a silver corrugated specialty paper purchased at Hobby Lobby. The little lights are little LED lights purchased at Hobby Lobby as well. the red light is from a red led light. Smoke is from an incense stick.

W_D85_2997.jpg

Moab Man

Specialty paper in the background from Hobby Lobby. Lighting from Lumecubes. Spackled bright spots are from bouncing light off a piece of semi-crinkled aluminum foil.

W_D85_2978.jpg