Tokina 100-300 5.6

480sparky

Wandered into the local brick-n-mortar camera store this morning and spied a mint-condition Tokina 100-300 f/5.6. My guess (based on the colors used) is late 70's/early 80's.

100%20300%20Tokina.jpg

They let me take it home for a test drive. Not a bad lens. Walked around the back yard to test it for sharpness.

Content%20Kitty%20post.jpg

I'll need to do some more testing, but if it seems sharp all around I fancy I may just buy it.

gustafson

Wandered into the local brick-n-mortar camera store this morning and spied a mint-condition Tokina 100-300 f/5.6. My guess (based on the colors used) is late 70's/early 80's.

100%20300%20Tokina.jpg

They let me take it home for a test drive. Not a bad lens. Walked around the back yard to test it for sharpness.

Content%20Kitty%20post.jpg

I'll need to do some more testing, but if it seems sharp all around I fancy I may just buy it.

Happened to see a Nikkor 100-300 f/5.6 in bargain condition on the bay for $89 if you're looking for a point of reference on pricing. FYI, an Easter egg about the Nikkor, courtesy Bjorn Rorslett - it supposedly produces outstanding macro shots when coupled with a reversed 6T close up lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

480sparky

Happened to see a Nikkor 100-300 f/5.6 in bargain condition on the bay for $89 if you're looking for a point of reference on pricing. FYI, an Easter egg about the Nikkor, courtesy Bjorn Rorslett - it supposedly produces outstanding macro shots when coupled with a reversed 6T close up lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... It's your fault... Wandered over to eBay to see what they had. Just ordered one, NOS, from Japan, $61 delivered...

I hate to say it, but..........this one ........... is fifteen bucks.................