Time to renew the homepage?

thequeenscheese

I think some of you are being a bit overly negative, this is the feedback and suggestions forum after all, and if no one points an issue out it won't get fixed will it.
Rocketcowboy has me spot on I'm not grumbling at the site just negative silly responses, if I had the skills to help run this site I willing would, I'd even be happy to learn if someone wants me to.

Bikerbrent

Perhaps the Admins should consider a one time edit of the home page as follows:

home_page.jpg

This would require very little follow on maintenance, yet would NOT appear out of date.

Stoshowicz

Though I never go through the home page , the point is valid that maybe periodically the thing could be updated if someone wanted to do it , since in a way , such a page IS the 'front door'.
Marcels idea of rotating contest winners pix to that page is a nice one , again, IF someone wants to spend that energy, not me, cause I'd never remember to do it , otherwise Bikerbrent's low maintenance google-style -mostly-blank page works for me alternatively.
I'm imagining that all it takes is a drag and drop into an image box,, but dunno.

Last edited:

thequeenscheese

I'm s not just about current members though it's also the first point of call for potential new members and with that in mind it needs to be at least attractive and working on all major platforms..

Ironwood

I'm s not just about current members though it's also the first point of call for potential new members and with that in mind it needs to be at least attractive and working on all major platforms..

I tend to agree with you, and can see your point.
It doesn't bother me in the least, because I don't go to the home page. But for someone new, logging onto the forum for the first time they might get the wrong impression when they see the abandoned looking front page, nothing has happened there for almost 2 years.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I did publish a few winning entries from our monthly challenges. I can't find all of them and wonder why. So at least the images on the main page have been changed. Seems this is all I can do for now. I can try to keep doing this if you all think it's important.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I did publish a few winning entries from our monthly challenges. I can't find all of them and wonder why. So at least the images on the main page have been changed. Seems this is all I can do for now. I can try to keep doing this if you all think it's important.

Good job Marcel!

RocketCowboy

Good work @Marcel, and thanks for the effort!