Time for an upgrade?

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks guys. I managed to break my leg when I forgot that Newtons 1st law DOES apply to me, and a golf cart WILL turn over if you are going to fast and try to turn. I had some metal put in to fix it. I'm able to hobble around on a boot for now.

Regarding the forum software. This version of vBulletin is pretty dated at this point. The newest version is pretty bloated and not terribly attractive for the cost. If I update everything I'm probably going to move things to something like Discourse, which is free and open source. There's a lot of community support behind it too. There's also xenForo, which I've used in the past as well.

In the meantime, I'll get to adding some new forums to reflect the newest camera releases.

Glad to hear you're doing well after your tumble with the golf cart and surgery.

Scott Murray

Thanks guys. I managed to break my leg when I forgot that Newtons 1st law DOES apply to me, and a golf cart WILL turn over if you are going to fast and try to turn. I had some metal put in to fix it. I'm able to hobble around on a boot for now.

Regarding the forum software. This version of vBulletin is pretty dated at this point. The newest version is pretty bloated and not terribly attractive for the cost. If I update everything I'm probably going to move things to something like Discourse, which is free and open source. There's a lot of community support behind it too. There's also xenForo, which I've used in the past as well.

In the meantime, I'll get to adding some new forums to reflect the newest camera releases.

Hey mate glad you are well and yes you are not bullet proof :) just rest and look after yourself, you can modify the forum later if needed, we can all wait.