Third Party Ink

Mike150

I looked for this question in the forum but my search skills stink.

I have a Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II printer. I've been replacing ink cartridges by ordering from Canon Replacements (online), but I also see numerous third party companies like Innovera who sell "compatible" cartridges for nearly half the price.

Does anyone use third party inks and if so how successfully?

Thanks

FastGlass

I use third party ink cartriges. Of course the printer I use is just for basic word documents and not for printing photo's. Once in a while the printer will remind me that i'm using a generic ink. I simply press o'k and all is well. No other issues. Good luck.

carguy

I have never had good luck with color third party ink, they just don't come out the same. It's painful to buy OEM cartridges, I lessen the pain by buying them at Costco personally.

BackdoorArts

I've heard horror stories about the continuous ink systems. As for 3rd party ink, I've purchased it once. Once.

It's part of the cost of doing business, I suppose.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I too have a Canon printer although not the model you own. I only use Canon ink cartridges but buy them on Amazon--usually they are offered for less than Canon's full price.

Horoscope Fish

I've been very happy with ink for my HP printer from Supplies Outlet (dot) com. I even had a "problem" once and it was rectified immediately with a phone call. The quality of the ink has been entirely acceptable both for photo printing and text.

Supplies Outlet seems to have your ink HERE...

Browncoat

It's part of the cost of doing business, I suppose.

This ^

Color control, ink quality, and paper quality...those are the 3 elements of a good photographic print. If you plan on using cheap ink, might as well save yourself the trouble completely and have your prints done at Wal Mart.