Thinking of picking up a film camera.

Mako1969

F5 uses AA batteries. According to pg 167 of the Nikon F5 user manual, 8 AA Lithium batteries are good for approximately 250 rolls of film at temperatures near 68 F/20 C, or 90 rolls with alkaline AA. Lithium hold their power much better as the performance with alkaline batteries will noticeably decline after only 25% of their capacity. NIKON GLASS: The Nikon F5 power consumption issue:

kevy73

I still have a couple of film camera's... F4, F501, F301, Pentax MG. But the 1 film camera I use more than all of those is my medium format. I have a Mamiya RB67 Pro... I love it.

Samo

@ kevy73

What are your thoughts on the film VS digital debate?

I am of the "the more things change the more they stay the same" camp. By that I mean it is still the same old exposure triangle to produce the image. Subtle differences (Well maybe not so subtle) being asa/iso, a bigger envelope with digital but one can still shoot half a roll of film at 200, push the other half at 800, cut the roll in half in the darkroom and develop accordingly. WB a bit trickier in that you must have a changeable back in order to change it in the middle of a roll.

It just seems to be basically the same thing to me but I'll admit digital has made it easier if that is the right term.