The trigger hath been pulled

Puzz1e

Banned
Thanks mate. I thought the camera choice was hard, the lense choice was the hardest actually. I really wanted a genuine Nikon, but after reading review after review - the Tamron became the most logical choice.

Having trialled the Nikon 24-70 for a week, I do think its a great lens. Having said that, I would be purchasing the tamron for almost half the price!

GeeAirMo

not that i had the chance to try thde Nikon, but i can whole heartedly recommend the Tamron

I've been using the Sigma 24-70 for a week and so far I really like it. I could justify the extra $ for the vibration reduction on the Tamron, plus I have been using a Sigma 70-200 2.8 for 2 years with no regrets!

Although, I feel that if I had a chance to try out the Nikon 24-70, I would love it!

Lurch

Although, I feel that if I had a chance to try out the Nikon 24-70, I would love it!

Ditto. But with the extra weight of the 800 vs the K5, I wanted the VR.
I've never had a Tamron lens before, but thus far Im happy. All my non-brand lenses have been Sigma, which Ive been very happy with. My two fave lenses on the K5 where my 20-40 2.8 EX and the elcheapo 70-300 DG APO. Both fantastic.
So much so, I also have the Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 and the humungous 150-500 on their way.

AC016

It would be nice to know your opinion on the Tamron lens you got. I have the 70-300 from the same "family" and i love mine. Thanks

Lurch

Not being able to compare it to the Nikon model, its a bit hard.
BUT in saying that, *personally* I'd rate the lense and easy 11 :)
Its sharp, its responsive, its quiet, its half the price of the Nikon.