Terrible First-Outing with my New D3300

Rick M

I'm glad you survived Ted! There is a valuable lesson here for us all to remember. If you ever drop a lens, make sure Ted is with you :)

Pretzel

The road workers think you are nuts, but after reading the story... we KNOW.

Glad you made it down and back up in one piece! BTW, did you ever stop to think about getting a rope and coming back??? LOL

I would have probably done the same amazing thing. :p

Just-Clayton

First of all ted. Glad your OK!. Second of all, for some reason I can visualize this and I am now laughing. I don't mean to but. third of all and I don't care who you are. I wish I was there to see it, I probably would be down there helping you!!

TedG954

Great pics Ted! I'm taking it that since you're posting pics, you shouldn't be bruised or scrapped up too bad.

Have you had a chance to check out the dropped lens for any damage?

Thank you for the concern. I'm just scraped and sore. The lens didn't fare as well. Part of the plastic mount was broken and it won't autofocus. The glass on both ends is fine and there really isn't any cosmetic damage. Internally, I won't know until it's repaired. I've already packaged it up to mail to Tokina for a repair.

WhiteLight

haha... a cool story with a happy ending...
am really glad we didn't have to read the headlines you envisioned ;)
that lens is worth the effort thou :D
take care of yourself Ted

Michael J.

Ted, I am happy that everything went well and you are able to post from your home and not from the hospital. This is all what matters.

I have to say that you took great pics as usual.

Rick M

This is exactly why I'm glad my wife doesn't go out shooting with me. Some of my antics to "get the shot" or risking my life for a lens cap would have me grounded :).

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I couldn't help but chuckle while reading this so I sure am GLAD to know you didn't write it from a hospital bed. ;) Well...you were pretty lucky especially with such a steep slope to navigate! You should have taken a selfie of both you and your Tokina lens in the photo to show how you both fared.

My only suggestion is that you consider getting yourself some biker shorts to wear underneath your regular shorts just in case you decide to do an encore. :cool: Uh-oh...at least you DID have underwear on, didn't you?!! :grief:

These biker shorts look VERY interesting (the photo comes from this link). Should you ever do this again, at least you'd look pretty fancy in these biker shorts. :wink-new: In all seriousness, I'm glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were.

M50-1118-skinz-mens-compression-lycra-shorts.jpg

Blacktop

There are just so many things wrong with this. I tried to come up with something funny to say, but I'm just stumped . :dejection:

I couldn't help but chuckle while reading this so I sure am GLAD to know you didn't write it from a hospital bed. ;) Well...you were pretty lucky especially with such a steep slope to navigate! You should have taken a selfie of both you and your Tokina lens in the photo to show how you both fared.

My only suggestion is that you consider getting yourself some biker shorts to wear underneath your regular shorts just in case you decide to do an encore. :cool: Uh-oh...at least you DID have underwear on, didn't you?!! :grief:

These biker shorts look VERY interesting (the photo comes from this link). Should you ever do this again, at least you'd look pretty fancy in these biker shorts. :wink-new: In all seriousness, I'm glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were.

View attachment 93518

TedG954

PS...... Thanks, but I prefer to choose my own shorts.

4663340924_083df56d00_b.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
There are just so many things wrong with this. I tried to come up with something funny to say, but I'm just stumped . :dejection:

Lol! Please keep in mind I'm a female so I'm trying to come up with a practical solution! ;)

PS...... Thanks, but I prefer to choose my own shorts.

No, no, no! The biker shorts are to be worn UNDERNEATH these shorts. That way if you get into this type of jam again, you are covered (pun intended!) :glee:

Englischdude

Should have mounted the D3300 on a tripod, pointed down the hill, put it in video mode, and pushed the record button.
Would have made a much more interesting story.

Glad you're ok.

maybe a passer by made a video and will upload it to youtube!! I wonder what the title of the video would be?? Any suggestions? ;)

TedG954

maybe a passer by made a video and will upload it to youtube!! I wonder what the title of the video would be?? Any suggestions? ;)

Oh, I already had a title in mind...... "!%$&&^&* Falls Down a Hill and the Same %@#^^#$* Tries to Climb Back Up"

It's kinda long, but it's got a good ring to it. :topsy_turvy:

FastGlass

Sorry Ted but I couldn't stop laughing as I read through the story. Glad you retrieved the lens and made it out without the need for an ambulance.