Tamron releasing 150-500 for Z mount

blackstar

Length at 500mm: ~12", but weight: ~4.1lb including the nice tripod mount. Nicely mall but still comparably heavy. Otherwise I might consider drop Nikon z 180-600 and pick up this.

Danno

The Z600mm 6.3 PF is ~$4700… ~$3100 more than I paid for the 180-600.

blackstar

Unknowing when the Z186 will come (maybe Xmas 24?), I am pondering getting this Tamron155 from B&H now and trying it until Jan 30 (extended return deadline) to decide if to keep it or return it (as continue waiting for Z186 or replaced by then delivered and better Z186). Not sure how this works out. What do you think? All suggestions and advice are appreciated. (this is an urgent request for Xmas is on the corner)

blackstar

Forget my other day's request for suggestions. Three days ago, I received the 5th (or 6th, 7th?) email of z186 backlog from B&H. But suddenly and surprisingly I received an email stating my order was shipped today!!! It is estimated to arrive on Friday just as a Xmas gift. No word to say now...

Danno

It's not camera-related, but it's a lot of fun.

The pistol is a Ruger Mark IV lite that I have had for about a year. The added length is a suppressor, a Ryder 22. I bought it in May 2023, and it showed up on December 15.

It is quieter than an air rifle. It is for fun and nighttime Racoon management. I know people love cute little Racoons, but if you live in the country and have had them make a mess of trash cans, break into the house via the roof, and have a rabid one fight you for your front porch the cuteness wears off.

Suppressed is fun with a little 22
IMG_4767 (1).jpeg

Danno

I have a Mark I target. I bought it new in 1976. It has one of the best triggers I've ever seen.
They are great guns. I love mine. The take-up on my trigger was long. It was smooth but I did a trigger job on it to take up some of the unnecessary travel. Other than that I just enjoy it. It is just a great shooter, and the suppressor makes it more fun because no one hears anything but the ring of the plate targets. I live in the sticks but even in the sticks, I have neighbors that I prefer not to disturb.