Stupid ads. Anyone else getting this?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
This is not site related. This is/was coming from ping.chartbeat.net not sure how I got it. Tried blocking it by host with no luck. adblock did the trick.
Chartbeat is just something that tells me if the site isn't responding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Moab Man

I just got that large bottom ad as well showing Best Buy HP. First site I logged into and bam - no option to close it either. Same as Danno, only here.

Updating this. Retracing my digital steps, I first saw the ad after clicking on the article in another thread with a petapixel link about what a photographer should charge.

Last edited:

WayneF

I think this is coming from my ad company, and I agree, that's extremely annoying.

I'll contact them and get it removed if it is them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Can't this site limit the size of ads with a sized DIV box for them to display in? I don't have a problem with a few ads, we just ignore them and never realize we see them. But nearly full width and 1/3 the screen height is outrageous.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Can't this site limit the size of ads with a sized DIV box for them to display in? I don't have a problem with a few ads, we just ignore them and never realize we see them. But nearly full width and 1/3 the screen height is outrageous.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Regardless, I agree, the ad is excessive and I don't want it on the site either.