Stuck in basic uploader again

Roy1961

Contributor
I had the same issue on Safari.

To make a previous long post short; the current version does not allow this script to run; some tech is missing in the browser. If you download the Safari Technology Preview, it'll work again. That "future" version runs the script correctly (and supports OpenGL).

are you still travelling mate, i see you are still in Belgium, liking it there?

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
ADd me to the ones who are stuck in the Basic Uploader mode. I did the suggestion of going to allow for flash and downloading Java, etc. Still stuck in Basic Uploader. I will keep playing to see what can happen. When this thread first popped up, all was working OK. Yesterday as I was trying to catch up my 365, I found out that Basic uploader was the only thing working. :(

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I've only seen the basic uploader for quite awhile now. I haven't had time to look into why. I just tried something and it worked. On Chrome, click on the lock icon at the left end of the address bar. Look for flash in the list that comes up. Set it to 'allow'. Mine was set to 'ask', but it never asked. Looks like its working now. On Firefox there was a plugins icon next to the lock on the address bar and I had to click and enable Flash. The icon went away after I enabled it, so I guess it was just a message. Firefox is now working too.

The other day I cleared my cookies, and for some reason was stuck with only the basic uploader. I immediately thought of this thread and did what Nick suggested here. It instantly resolved the issue (using Chrome). Thanks, Nick! :applause:

wev

Contributor
Be very thankful if you are not stuck in Basic like me. Last year I posted around 9,300 image. Each took at least seven mouse clicks.

In case you don't have a calculator at hand, that's 65,100 left button ticks

Maybe I should bill Nikonites for a new mouse and a wrist massage

Or just stop posting

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Be very thankful if you are not stuck in Basic like me. Last year I posted around 9,300 image. Each took at least seven mouse clicks.

In case you don't have a calculator at hand, that's 65,100 left button ticks

Maybe I should bill Nikonites for a new mouse and a wrist massage

Or just stop posting

Are you still having problems with this?!!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Nothing has changed for more than a year. They gave up and I gave up, so I just post 7 clicks at a time

Ugh...sorry to hear that. Basic Uploader was frustrating for what few photos I posted. I can't image how discouraging it must be for you.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I went while kicking and screaming to Chrome from FireFox to get out of basic uploader. It was not a move I wanted to do because I prefer FF for my browser, but it did get me back to the normal upload system

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Something I just noticed, which happens when using both Chrome and Firefox, is when I go to the Advanced reply option and choose to insert images, the URL indicates the site isn't secure. I can still access the advanced uploader but wonder if this has anything to do with the problem @wev is experiencing? Maybe due to security software restrictions?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I've only seen the basic uploader for quite awhile now. I haven't had time to look into why. I just tried something and it worked. On Chrome, click on the lock icon at the left end of the address bar. Look for flash in the list that comes up. Set it to 'allow'. Mine was set to 'ask', but it never asked. Looks like its working now. On Firefox there was a plugins icon next to the lock on the address bar and I had to click and enable Flash. The icon went away after I enabled it, so I guess it was just a message. Firefox is now working too.

@wev try this, worked for me, thanks @nickt
@Roy1961 this is what worked for many of us. Have you cleared your cookies recently? Periodically I clear mine and find I need to go back through this process each time I do.

Woodyg3

Contributor
Hey, it worked! I started seeing only the basic uploader a couple of days ago. Now it's working correctly again. Thanks!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Many thanks to @nickt. I was finally able to get the flash uploader to work again on Chrome. I was about to give up. Now if I could only remember when this happens again in the future...

nickt

Many thanks to @nickt. I was finally able to get the flash uploader to work again on Chrome. I was about to give up. Now if I could only remember when this happens again in the future...
I forget about it myself. I get a mention here every once in awhile and I remember to check my own. Had to fix it again after the last chrome update.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

I have to do this every time I want to upload images. For some reason the setting isn't being saved. :mad:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
That is what I am getting. I think it must be saved in a cookie and I have it set to delete cookies on exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have anything set to remove cookies and I am getting the same issue with Chrome. I just have to remember to "Allow" flash before I do any uploading. A slight pain (mostly because I forget until I try to upload) but at least it works.

I am trying a cookie protect and delete extension in Chrome. It is called Vanilla Cookie Manager
I will try and remember to review it in a couple weeks to let you know if it works.