Strap versatility

CP93

Been looking for more versatility in my carrying options, and SO over neck straps in general. For a combination of reasons including price and versatility, decided on OpTech. I got the sling, the reporter/backpack connectors, and a couple of extra Uniloop connectors. Now I can use the sling, or clip to the shoulder straps on my camera backpack, or a wrist strap, or even my old suspender type strap.

(I can never remember the name of the latter, and they don't seem to be made anymore, but it's Y-shaped system from the Nineties that has a single strap with a snap clip that goes on your back belt loop, and two straps that come over the shoulders and hang down in front. Those used to use metal push-lock disconnectors, but I replaced them with the OpTech Uniloops.)

Now I just need to finish grading these papers so I can go shooting!

Last edited:

Fred Kingston

I have the Gordy's... Whenever I acquire a camera... the first thing I do is remove whatever is on it, and order Gordy's... Their titanium quick connects are da bomb!

I have a BosStrap Generation 3 Sliding Sling Strap that I use on my D7100 and I love it. I bought the wife the OpTech that I modified and both straps are connected to the same side lug so it is across one shoulder and not tying up the tripod mount. The padded shoulder pad is more comfortable for my wife.

RobV

Yeah, for when I am hiking, I think a sling strap is the way to go. I don't know about alternatives to the tripod mount, yet.

Whatever I end up with, versatility (quick releases) will be key.

Danno

I went with the Peak Design sling type recently. I am a good size guy and had trouble finding a sling that did not seem short, and font facing straps were uncomfortable. Peak makes an extra large. So far I really like it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

BloggerDude

Banned
Definitely recommend Sycamotre's leather neck strap . Really sturdy because of the genuine leather, also the leathers tanning makes it water-repell and thus it is durable for the weather conditions. It is very stylish by the way. And when considering the price, it is the most economic one in the market.

Last edited: