Stoshowicz's 52 2017

Stoshowicz

View attachment 247423
Tone curve adjustment of shadows in LR plus touch of incr saturation , comparison.... Im trying to lighten up my pix , though they have looked very rich on my laptop, which is indeed calibrated , they look too dark here,, so if on yours the adj is too strong lemme know please. This was taken on a gray day.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
View attachment 247423
Tone curve adjustment of shadows in LR plus touch of incr saturation , comparison.... Im trying to lighten up my pix , though they have looked very rich on my laptop, which is indeed calibrated , they look too dark here,, so if on yours the adj is too strong lemme know please. This was taken on a gray day.

I like the darker version better.

Stoshowicz

I prefer the darker version on the last page too, the lighter one has not enough contrast for my liking.
Thanks for that ,, I was , trying to work out the combo which would simulate a sunnier day from a dreary one, I guess I went too far with the tone curve (since the several comments unanimously agree on it ) . Even so , It is reminding me to lighten things up a bit which ,, I think is the right direction for me. It seems to get more difficult to make color and contrast adjustments as I do proceed to lighten things though , and Im not sure if its because I intentionally underexpose which seems to stretch out the 'histogram' to the right,, or if its due to my human optical processing.
Nat Geo still hasn't called :)

Roy1961

Contributor
what about a willow or least flycatcher? only thing I can see near in my Audubon field guide eastern edition.

Stoshowicz

what about a willow or least flycatcher? only thing I can see near in my Audubon field guide eastern edition.
It just doesnt look flycatcher-y to me. :( I guess Ill have to just put it in the I have no idea folder , thanks for looking though Roy.

Last edited: