Stoshowicz weekly 52

Kevin H

Whimbrel's should be passing through here starting late this week big push next week sometimes across Lake Ontario there are huge flocks flying north they only stop in a few selected areas for a rest hopefully this year I can connect with them

Stoshowicz

Interesting, my book shows them as having a very scattered distribution , I'd never seen one and thought it a rarity until I checked Stokes and saw it rated as a '1'. But I still think its a cool bird. I just got a pair of 8 power binoculars and it helped me pick out a few other rarities for florida... and by rarities , I probably mean the stuff I havent seen much of ..:) gull billed tern, Black tern ,and white-rumped sandpiper. I was a 'happy camper', though I wonder if I should spring for a 12power.

Kevin H

Interesting, my book shows them as having a very scattered distribution , I'd never seen one and thought it a rarity until I checked Stokes and saw it rated as a '1'. But I still think its a cool bird. I just got a pair of 8 power binoculars and it helped me pick out a few other rarities for florida... and by rarities , I probably mean the stuff I havent seen much of ..:) gull billed tern, Black tern ,and white-rumped sandpiper. I was a 'happy camper', though I wonder if I should spring for a 12power.

12 Power you better be steady higher the power the steadier you need to be :D