Spacebar will not work when typing under a quote.

Danno

I have found that if I type the first word and hit return the space bar works. When I am done I go to the end of the first word I type and hit the delete key and everything lines up.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Okay this is really strange. I'll try to replicate it, although I can't so far using chrome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Danno

Okay this is really strange. I'll try to replicate it, although I can't so far using chrome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I just did....

Used my work around and that worked too. Once you hit the return and type a couple words the space bar works.

RocketCowboy

Trying to just put a space at the beginning and that works also Easy peasy

That doesn't work for me, unless I'm misunderstanding. Are you putting a space at the beginning of the line until you finish, and then delete the leading space? Just starting with a space, backspacing, and then typing the line, still results in the ignored space bar for me.

That doesn't work for me, unless I'm misunderstanding. Are you putting a space at the beginning of the line until you finish, and then delete the leading space? Just starting with a space, backspacing, and then typing the line, still results in the ignored space bar for me.

All I am doing is hitting the Enter button at the beginning and then typing as always. Using Chrome as always

Zeke_M

I would rather push my Chrome than ride a Firefox!:cool:

Is it easier for Chrome to push Firefox without the heft of the spacebar?

Seriously, I took a lap around the internet and found a reference to your problem. This is five days old.

Problem started with the latest Chrome update. The first line after a quote does not see the space bar.

The way around it is to type one letter in the first line, hit return and type as normal, the second line works correctly. Then delete the one letter in the first line.

It seems Chrome is slowly dissolving the keyboard. The backspace key doesn't work to backspace to a previous page, you have to click on the backspace arrow in the top right or Alt-Left arrow.

Chrome be very broken.

Last edited:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Hi @jdeg not sure if it is my issue or the forums but when I try and type under something I have quoted using chrome it will not allow the spacebar to work. But works fine other wise..
I found a work-around for this. The cursor is put before the quote tag in Chrome (and probably Safari). If you move the cursor after the last quote, then spaces will work.

Scott Murray

I found a work-around for this. The cursor is put before the quote tag in Chrome (and probably Safari). If you move the cursor after the last quote, then spaces will work.
Something has been fixed = EXCELLENT :cool:
Now to get out of the habit of spacebar / enter to type with spaces

Fortkentdad

Yes I've encountered this too.

In Chrome

I thought it way my keyboard but when I opened a Notepad file I had a functional spacebar.

Then I discovered a work around.
Write the comment in Notepad and paste to the forum.
I also discovered that even pasting one line is sufficient - then I can add to that line on the forum with functional spacebar. A weird little quirk.

This problem just started recently. And is intermittent.