Blacktop

Here is one with shadows.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117211217@N08/17036859478/in/photostream/

High ISO test no PP-8954.jpg

Horoscope Fish

Is the jury still out or do we know its a sony sensor on the D7200
Here's what DXO Mark has to say on the issue (emphasis mine):

DxO Mark said:
The new Nikon D7200 DSLR will replace its predecessor, the D7100, as the new Nikon flagship DX-format DSLR featuring an APS-C sensor. Despite offering similar resolution — a minor change in the number of pixels, now 24.2Mp compared to 24.1Mp for the D7100 — Nikon has opted for a change of sensor in this updated model.

Given the same 24.2Mp resolution without an Optical Low Pass Filter, it appears that Nikon has opted to build the D7200 around the Sony-made 24.2Mp CMOS sensor currently sitting in its DX-format D3300 and D5500 entry-level DSLRs. With an overall DxOMark Sensor Score of 82, the D3300 has previously ranked among the top ten for APS-C image sensors in the DxOMark Sensor Score database, which is encouraging for the new D7200, and we look forward to bringing you a full set of sensor scores and review as soon as possible.

Source

Blacktop

I wish I didn't have to go to work so soon. I just realized the I left the cam on 0.5 exposure comp from last night. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Blacktop

Even though the D7200 is obviously better at high ISO than the D7100, I don't think that it's worth the upgrade. If I'm worrying that much about high ISO performance than a refurb D610 would be the answer for me. About the same price as the new D7200.

If I was to upgrade from a D3xxx or D5xxx series cam, then I would very strongly be looking at the D7200.

mikew_RIP

At a rough guess its probably one stop better,that may interest me as i presume that one stop goes all the way down so 1600 becomes 800 noise wise,lots of my bird shots have black areas in the background and need cropping,so thinking cap on again.

Blacktop

At a rough guess its probably one stop better,that may interest me as i presume that one stop goes all the way down so 1600 becomes 800 noise wise,lots of my bird shots have black areas in the background and need cropping,so thinking cap on again.

D810+Nikon 800mm. 20,000 dollars and you're all set with your bird shots.;)

Horoscope Fish

Even though the D7200 is obviously better at high ISO than the D7100, I don't think that it's worth the upgrade. If I'm worrying that much about high ISO performance than a refurb D610 would be the answer for me. About the same price as the new D7200.

If I was to upgrade from a D3xxx or D5xxx series cam, then I would very strongly be looking at the D7200.
I rarely find upgrading from one version to the next worthwhile; I've always thought it best to skip one iteration, if you will, at least.

D7000 or earlier? Yeah, the D7200 starts to make sense; IF you feel you need to upgrade to begin with. From the D7100 to D7200, though? Not even. Not unless you just have money to burn and/or a compulsion to own only the most up-to-minute gear (a fool's errand if ever there was one). The cleaner shots at higher ISO is, in my book, a "nice to have"; but it's reason enough to drop the kind of dime the D7200 demands.

Bourbon Neat

Here are a couple just shot and their crop. Only pp is auto tone and auto wb. We are far from a sunny day though, in fact we have had snow and sleet off and on all morning.

6400-0967.jpg

6400a-0967.jpg

6400-0970.jpg

6400a-0970.jpg