Some of my photos, opinions please

fotojack

You have focus points in your camera. How many I don't know...not too familiar with your camera model. Like Ken says, what AF mode are you using? If it has a Center Focus mode, I'd use that for what you're trying to achieve.

Peekcha

It has 11 focus points, I was using dynamic af which is exactly what single point af does but only the focus points move with the subject. It was a bit windy

Peekcha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311613185.574706.jpg
Another shot I tried to do selective focus for the bokeh effect.

JoeLewisPhotography

Thanks :) i do have one question though, one of the buds is out of focus. Is there something I should try or do different to achieve the same effect but have all the buds in focus?

lower the aperture a hair. The bud that is out of focus is likely a little in front, or behind the others.

as for your last photo, you mention "selective focus" and are talking about AF points to achieve bokeh. What is in focus depends on your aperture...not necessarily the focus points....yes, you can focus on a specific part of the frame (ie: cancer stick)... but how much is in and out of focus depends on your f-stop and distance from the subject (if using a zoom). So, if it is Bokeh you want....stand back, zoom in and jack that f/stop up

Please post EXIF and lens info with your shots so we can see what your settings are.

Last edited: